Priceline Hotel: 5* Bidding Help for 4-4 thru 4-6

importvenom
By importvenom,
in

Hey all,

I'm trying to book a 5* for Fri-Sun (4-4 - 4-6). I've booked a backup using the special promo direct from the Palazzo at $179/night (normal price is $259/night). I've bid on priceline for the past few days and seem to get counteroffers of $510 for the 2 nights. My bids typically start at 145, up to 165. I even went as high as 171 and still got rejected. Hotwire also does not show any 5* hotel availability for that weekend.

What are my chances of getting a cheaper deal than the Palazzo promo I've booked? Any tips on what to do? I'm not set on the Palazzo, and any 5* in vegas will do. Thanks!

With your reservation at the Palazzo at $179 just keep trying up to $165 to see if inventory opens up as you get cloer to your stay. If the hotel is at lower occupancy than they would like in the coming weeks they will release rooms to PRICELINE... if enough people have booked then 'opaque inventory' will remain tight.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info! I just got a counter offer of 177 today. Hopefully it will continue to drop. With my backup of 179/night, I think Priceline will only be worth it if I can get it for 150 or less. The Palazzo special includes a gaming credit and other coupons. What do you think the chances of getting 150 are?

you should listen to thereuare! start bidding @135 and go up 1 by 1. you should get a 'win' by 160. the coupons are likely worthless or could be obtained by anyone and the gaming credits are probably the same you would get by signing up for the player's card which you can do on line. you should be bidding DAILY as your time is short!!

I'm doubtful you'll see a counter-offer $150, but start below that and give it a try, slowly working your way up.

I'd also be bidding in $2-$3 increments as it goes so much faster and my time is worth more than the the $3 i may overpay, but you can go up in whatever increments you'd like depending upon how much free time you have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]