Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Palace Hotel

Budman87
By Budman87,
in

This is a new hotel not on the San Francisco hotel list.

Used the PRICELINE link located on this website.

Originally tried to get a 4* in USE or USW from 5/16/08 - 5/20/08 but bid as high as $125 per night using rebid zones and was without luck.

Decided to split my bid and try for the 4* hotel on the last two nights of the trip (Sunday and Monday nights).

Will let the board know where I am able to get for the first two nights when booked.

First started off bidding for 4* in USE

$70......rejected

$75......rejected

$80......rejected

$86......rejected

Then bid for a 4* in USW

$70........rejected

$75........rejected

$85........rejected

$94........rejected

Then bid for a 4* in USW and USE

$95........accepted!

Tried to extend my stay for the previous two days, but was turned down.

Should have probably gone for a lower first bid for both zones, but am very happy with how it worked out!

Palace Hotel 4-star

Union Square East - Embarcadero

2 New Montgomery Street

San Francisco, California 94105

415-512-1111

Check-In Date:

Sun, May 18, 2008 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Tue, May 20, 2008 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $95.00

Subtotal: $190.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $36.68

Total Charges*: $226.68

Total for this stay on The Palace website is $511.04. A savings of 284.36! Over 55% off!

Thank you to everyone on this board for posting your wins.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you were willing/able to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID in order to get a great deal.

Thank you for helping us add this propety to the Priceline Hotel List and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

If we can be of help with your remaining two nites please feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to bid a hotel in San Fran from 5/9-5/11 around union square. I put in $80 for a 4 stars and it asked me to raise $22 more. I am still thinking if I should. You could get a 4 star room for 95 which is better deal.

PS I put the same message to a wrong thread. How do I remove it from there?

I am trying to bid a hotel in San Fran from 5/9-5/11 around union square. I put in $80 for a 4 stars and it asked me to raise $22 more. I am still thinking if I should. You could get a 4 star room for 95 which is better deal.

PS I put the same message to a wrong thread. How do I remove it from there?

I responded to your message in the wrong thread. Check out these deals, both hotels are amazing. Too bad for me that I'm going to San Fran May 16th because my date is not applicable :)

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/california-hotels/385603

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/california-hotels/385500

eggandham,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay. This thread is for different dates than your own and for a hotel that has already been won.

shwhattam,

Please follow-up each of your existing threads (Hotwire Monterey and Priceline San Francisco). From your reply in a different thread it appears you made a mistake and won a hotel... that should be reported to the board as it can help somebody who may be looking in that area for the <incorrect> dates you received.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

eggandham,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay. This thread is for different dates than your own and for a hotel that has already been won.

shwhattam,

Please follow-up each of your existing threads (Hotwire Monterey and Priceline San Francisco). From your reply in a different thread it appears you made a mistake and won a hotel... that should be reported to the board as it can help somebody who may be looking in that area for the <incorrect> dates you received.

Thanks I have...getting used to this board :) Colfax also requested that I include my 'mistake win' to which I responded in my post. Also clarified my Monterey post. Thanks much :)

Should I include the San Fran accomodations that I booked at The Carlton...it was done through Quickbook link you provided.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]