Priceline Hotel: Looking for 5* this weekend (3/7 - 3/9)

Aqua Bliss
By Aqua Bliss,
in

***Sorry I meant 3/7 - 3/9 in the title but not sure how to edit the title now ?!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the whole thing and just registered on this board, looks like some great information here. I'm trying to book a Las Vegas 5* hotel this weekend Fri/Sat nights, tried HOTWIRE and no 5* option even listed.

Then tried PRICELINE and read briefly some strategies on this before doing so but probably not as thoroughly as I should have. The prices seem relatively cheap this weekend for some reason, Venetian list price is only $219 online for a weekend seemed descent. So I put in my first bid at $119 and received a counter of $177 but didn't accept it (since it was the first offer).

After that I increased my bid $10 and added a zone 3 times up to $149 and never even received another counter, just got the message each time that my offer cannot be accepted. I read in another post that someone recieved $139/nt at Venetian this weekend which got my juices flowing.

Anyhow I'd like to ask my wife to try (since I don't think I can start the process over with my login), any tips based on what I did last time that I can do better to get either more counter offers or better success in accepting my bids?

Thanks!

your time is short however, a counter of $177 there are rooms available at prices prob not far from where you bid. i am going in may (10-13) and for my time they accepted what amounted to $140 for weekday night(sun, mon) and $158 for sat night. although i arrived at these using a mathematical equation the actual $$ could be off by 1 or 2. i would suggest bidding up to 160-165 in very small increments using the many free rebids for these zones. if you need to know how to do this please ask.

Hi hl23 thanks for the response. I will try again and start with $150 and see what happens. As far as the zone's go I believe I understand how to do this like start by selecting 5* in Strip North then select Strip North/Strip South and try again, then select Strip North/Strip South/West of Strip, and try again, etc. Please let me know if my understanding is correct or if there is some better way?

Also I'm afraid if I select Henderson 5* they will give me Green Valley Ranch or something and I'll be stuck with it :)

i believe only strip north/strip south have 5*. all the rest are free rebids. keep it simple! make each bid a brand new bid instead of adding zones. i numbered the zones 1 thru 9 and since 1 is greyed out you have 8 possible zones with zone 5,6 the only 5*.if you only want ventian/palazzo don't use zone 6(south strip). bid 5, then new bid 5+2, new bid 5+3, new bid 5+4,etc thru 5+9. then bid 5+2+3, 5+2+4,etc. once the 3 combos are exhausted go to 4 combos. you will either get bid accepted or reach your limit before you run out of bidding chances!

Ah, ok thanks that helps, gives me a lot more combinations and chances then I used previously. One last question do you know what the 5* property is on South Strip??? Thanks.

Not quite all zones are free rebids. At least one zone has a resort property (Sumerlin?) that you need to stay away from.

Jeff

Not quite all zones are free rebids. At least one zone has a resort property (Sumerlin?) that you need to stay away from.

Jeff

i could be wrong but summerlin has a 4* resort so if you bid for 5* only you won't get it. in south strip i believe that The Hotel @ Mandalay Bay is a 5* but haven't seen it as a win on these boards.

OK, a few clarifications above...

PRICELINE doesn't attache star ratings to Resort properties... they use the "Resort" class as a star level itself. As of last report it is higher than a 4* but below a 5*... so think if it as a 4.5* property.

To determine the star levels offered in each zone, follow the technique in the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread. Please read this thread and confirm you understand how to check your re-bid zones, as they should be checked before beginning every bidding cycle to make sure nothing has changed (hotels are upgraded/downgraded/added/removed all the time)

If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]