Hotwire Hotel: halifax june 13-15

sparky86
By sparky86,
in

I am trying to ID this 4* on hotwire for halifax, canada for 2 nights (june 13 &14, 2008)

4*

smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Business center

Pool (s)

restaurant (s)

tennis nearby

golf nearby

spa services

high speed internet

there is only one hotel listed on the hotwire hotel list but it is a 3.5*, so I am looking for some help to id this one.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hmm, that's a tough one... my guess is it's a tossup between the Westin, Marriott Harbourfront, and Delta Barrington. Is this the hotel that is showing with a 3.0/5.0 tripadvisor rating? If that's reliable, it would seem to match the Westin more. They also appear to have their own outdoor tennis courts so that would be my best guess. The Marriott and Delta don't have their own tennis courts, but I guess they could claim to be 'nearby' the Halifax Public Commons where there are many tennis courts.

Anyways, that's my guess! Perhaps someone else here can chime in...

• 4 weeks later...

I would say that's probably the Westin. Downtown Halifax is VERY compact and you can walk the length of it in about 25-35 minutes. Any of these hotels would be within that main downtown corridor. The Marriott is the newest of the three but the Westin has more character. That also means its rooms are a bit smaller. A note about the Deltas - Delta Barrington OR the Delta Halifax - the two are right across the street from each other.

I live in Hali so if you want any insider info about the city feel free to PM me. Which one did you end up with?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]