Priceline Hotel: When is Last Minute or Late Inventory Released?

Byron
By Byron,
in

I'm looking to book a single night in New York City in April (A Thursday and a Sunday). Right I think I can get a better deal if I wait a week or two ahead of time. It's worked for me in the past but its been several years since I've done so. Is there a rule of thumb as to when additional or discounted inventory is released?

I have a friend in the hospitality industry and I know that they look at occupancy rates and yields and will try and move rooms and I'd like to know if you have a feel for what the New York market will do.

Thanks in advance

No matter what, the price is only going to get so low. How low can be determined by looking at all the past wins. If you try to wait for some sort of magic date, you could miss out on inventory at the minimum price. You might as well make minimum bids now and then when you have a free minute at the computer up until when you think the "sweet spot" date might be, then start raising your bids. Chances are, somebody hit the sweet spot and posted about it, so you can be pretty sure it won't get much better.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]