Priceline Hotel: Hudson Hotel NYC - how to Rebook

happy daisy
By happy daisy,
in

:) Can anyone help

I have previously booked through Priceline for friends staying at Hudson NY now...they are v.happy with hotel & location ...Price (PL bid) was $102 per night for 29 feb - 3 mar 08

I'm now wanting to book for dates at the end of this month.

Does anyone know how to guarantee that we can get this hotel?

Is it better to do thru hotwire or priceline? (if this hotel exist on HW)

Original booking done on priceline but as i'm new to both PL & HW i dont know what to do!

any bidding strategy would help...please

You cannot guarantee getting the same hotel on PRICELINE. When you bid on Priceline for a certain star rating in a certain area, you could get one hotel for one trip, and make the same bid for a month later and get a different hotel that happens to have the same star rating in the same area. You really don't have control over it, which is the reason (or one of the reasons) Priceline can offer such discounts.

You can try to see if the hotel is showing on HOTWIRE for your dates, but there's no guarantee that it will. Plus, if you do believe you see what looks like the Hudson on Hotwire for your new dates, there's always the chance it could still be a different property showing with the same information. HOTWIRE is where you would be more likely to get the Hudson, but again, there's definitely no 100% guarantee.

Additionally, your dates start to get closer to a busier time in the city, and unfortunately, I would not be surprised if it takes a higher bid to get a hotel.

We are happy to help though; what are the new dates you are looking at?

Does HOTWIRE show any 3.5* hotels in the Midtown Central zone for your dates? If so, what are the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the property?

As AaronJB points out, this stay will likely cost more (substantially more) than the stay at the end of February... what is their budget for this stay? The Hudson is usually not a "i want this hotel" property is there a reason you (or your friends) are opposed to other hotels in this zone? (or other nearby midtown zones)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm aware that prices are time specific, but with this new booking hudson was the preferred....even though not opposed to other hotels in this zone

Budget is variable - but like everyone a good deal is what is wanted...Biggest concern in NY is that the room is clean...fussy travellers...

Hudson having small rooms - no worry - just like it that it is newish & could walk to central park.

I'm aware that prices are time specific, but with this new booking hudson was the preferred....even though not opposed to other hotels in this zone

So which zones are they willing to accept? What is the maximum bid?

...fussy travellers...
If they are very fussy they may be better off choosing their hotel and booking direct.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So which zones are they willing to accept? What is the maximum bid?

If they are very fussy they may be better off choosing their hotel and booking direct.

Hi

Zones preferred are: Times Square, Upper Midtown Central Park, & Midtown West...

the max price they want to spend is $130

hope this helps

thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]