Priceline Hotel: best deal for 4* in toronto Mar 20-23

board_salomon
By board_salomon,
in

Hi: I am new to this site, and I am very happy that I found this.

Anyways, I've just placed a bid for a hotel, and I got an e-mail back right away telling me that my offer has been rejected.

So, I have decided to increase my offer. I clicked on "check your status" and that took me to the priceline's website with the info of my reservation. I went to the bottom of the page and entered a higher amount, and clicked NEXT, but following page says "Please verify the following information to continue with your request.Please change at least one part of your original request." and the paragraphy provided below that it still shows my old offer.

Am i doing anything wrong? How do I rebid? thanks for your help.

salomon

board_salomon - Welcome to BetterBidding!

you question is not so easy to answer. But take a look at HOTWIRE, this will give you a rough idea about the current prices. And PRICELINE is usally cheaper.

If you need help with a bidding strategy for your stay so please post your nightly budget, zone(s) you're comfortable to stay in and * levels for the hotel.

Just ask if you have any further questions.

Henrik

You cannot simply increase your bid if you want to do so in less than 24 hours. If you change the dates, accept a lower star level or add another zone where you would accept a hotel, you can keep making bids. If your dates are fixed, you do not want a lower star level and you must have the hotel in the zone originally requested, you have to wait 24 hours to place another bid and raise your offer.

What city are you trying for. What zone(s) and star level did you specify?

As some member suggest, I am starting a new topic to make it easier for you guys to help with my hotel reservation.

I am looking in DOWNTOWN TORONTO area, 4* will be great, and three days stay from Mar 20-23. I am hoping to find something between $50-$60.

Anyone knows how to find that please help.

Also, this might be off topic somewhat, does anyone know how to get a discount for the shuttle bus service from airport to downtown?

Thanks a lot. Henrik, you are great.

I have merged your posts into this one thread...

In your first post you mention that you placed a bid and it was rejected... what was the amount of that rejected bid?

Have you read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and understand/confirmed your re-bid zones? (there are 8 re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Toronto)

Please remember to start your bids with our link to PRICELINE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You guys are awesome!

So, my first offer of $50 was rejected, and I read one of the guy here did a rebid by adding Don val zone, so I did the same thing with new bid of $52.

Still rejected. I have also added 3*, and lowered the bid to $45, still no luck.( I did this before I read about the adding zone stradegy and I am glad I did not won, cause I do not think I want a 3*).

So, I guess my bid is now really messed up. So I have decided to wait a full 24 hours and start again wisely :)

I am trying to find a 4* in DOWNTOWN TORONTO, What zones in toronto do not have 4* (and above)? How do I organize my bids to maximize # of rebids?

It appears Toronto has a bunch of 4 star rebid zones. So you don't have to wait to make a new bid. You can start over with Downtown, one of the other rebid zones you did not use at 4* and keep bidding. You have to start the process over, though, from the beginning.

It appears you cannot rebid in the airport or vaughan zones, but you can add any of the other ones. Just don't start with the one you already used.

If you insist on having a 4* hotel, the market is what the market is. Getting it for 60 or less might be unrealistic to expect. Of course, it is worth a try...

Sorry, I just want to make sure I do not make stupid mistakes to ruin my trip, so I am asking more questions.

It looks like these are the zones listed in toronto :

1 brampton

2 Don valley

3 Downtown toronto ( I want)

4 Markham

5 Mississauga

6 Oakville - Burlington

7 Scarborough - pickering

8 Toronto airport

9 Toronto east

10 Toronto west

11 Vaughan - North York

What zones can I used for rebid? (ie, zones do not have a 4* and above), how do you find out about it?

How do I organize my bids so I do not have to wait another 24hrs? ie (3/3+2/...)

Sorry about dumb questions, but I really want to make sure everything is fine.

thanks a lot

You can't rebid in zones 8 or 11 if your list is correct. The others do not have 4 star hotels in them. You can (and should) confirm this by starting a new bid, selecting each zone separately and seeing which star levels have white or gray check boxes. If a box is gray, there are no hotels of that star level available in that zone. This has to be done at the beginning of a new bid.

As long as you do not repeat combinations of zones, you can keep starting over and doing new bids that include the zone you want and various combinations of zones it is impossible to get. There are so many zones at 4 stars that the number of possible combinations means you should almost certainly be able to raise your bids incrementally and end up with a winning bid in a single day.

Those aren't dumb questions... At least you are trying. A lot of people are too scared to even do that.

New hotels are added to zones all the time, and other hotels are upgraded/downgraded frequently, so to make sure you don't end up in a zone that you really dont' want, you need to know how to check your re-bid zones as you need to check these before each bidding cycle.

Start by reading Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. If you're confused after reading the first post of the previous link, ask question(s) and we'll break it down further step-by-step.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]