Priceline Hotel: 5* Venice Hilton Molino Stucky

kayexalate
By kayexalate,
in

Used Priceline, offered $175/night for 5* for 3 nights 6/6/-6/9, was rejected.

They countered for $240. I assumed it was the Hilton Molino, and checked Hilton's website--cheapest was $585 per night, so I took priceline's counter offer.

Got the Hilton Molino.

$240 still more than I'd like to spend, but for the location and the quality it's worth it.

You can see based upon this Priceline Venice thread, how much the price goes up in the summer!---almost double both on PRICELINE and on Hilton's website.

Just thought of a question:

when PL counteroffers (example my case, I offered $175, they countered $240), is it better to wait another 24 hours, then try and bid closer to their counteroffer?

So, should I have waited until the next day and slowly increased my bids until either it was accepted or approached $240?

or will that "counteroffer" only be available once or certain times?

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Just thought of a question:

when PL counteroffers (example my case, I offered $175, they countered $240), is it better to wait another 24 hours, then try and bid closer to their counteroffer?

So, should I have waited until the next day and slowly increased my bids until either it was accepted or approached $240?

or will that "counteroffer" only be available once or certain times?

thanks.

I actually bidded for 6/7 to 6/10 back in January and got $200 per night. PL counteroffered my first offer of $180, but I ignored the counteroffer, added an area that didn't have 5* hotels, and bid $200.

See you at the Hilton Molino Stuckey!!!!

Sam

• 2 months later...

I just stayed in this hotel off a PRICELINE bid for a very similar price in May. I got put in the priceline room too, not good. I went to the desk and asked to change rooms and they moved us. The new room was much better! Just tell them when you check in that you would like a room that does NOT have a window in the bathroom.

QED

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links when you are ready to book.

• 5 months later...

Great forum. I got a priceline bid on this for $127+ tax whcih is $146 per night inclusive tax for Nov 23-25. However, i am regretting because i was getting Hilton Venice for $160 including breakfast at hilton through one of their promotion.

I would assume priceline rate won't include breakfast. Is that right? Also did you get King or queen room? Also, Are there breakfast place outside of hotel? Thanks

boniam,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please post the the details of your win as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of the win for your particular dates when scanning the topic titles and when viewing our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

No, your PRICELINE purchase does not include breakfast (unless that is a standard amenity offered by the hotel (such as at an Embassy Suites property), but i don't believe it is at this hotel)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]