Priceline Hotel: Prague bidding help

zackeroo
By zackeroo,
in

Prague (need June 14 - 18 or 19)

Been trying for past week for 5* West (hoping to get Savoy)

Rejected June 14-19 (all variations of dates within)

$120

Any hints/recent hits with Prague? (don't want to stay in East or the 4* hotel choices that have been posted by others)

Thank you.

I've a reservation with a 4* boutique hotel (Golden Tulip Maximillian in the Jewish Quarter) for $160 euros (can cancel 24 hours ahead). Also a reservation with the new K & K Central $150 euros (waiting for more feedback at tripadvisor re this hotel before deciding between the two).

I really want to stay in a "character" place in Prague and the 4* and 5* available on Priceline East do not seem to fit this. The Savoy is a little out of the way, but I would love to stay there at a reasonable price. The lowest rate is $220 euros per night, but there is an auction going on on virtualtourist.com starting at $640 for 4 nights (currently bidded up to $790 US). They seem to have one weekly so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have contacted the hotel and they have tentatively reserved a room for me (I can cancel) and change the rate if I win the auction.

So, my maximum bid for Priceline West 5* (assuming I get Savoy) would be $160 US (comparable to the auction price) until June 9 (last day of auction), then I would bid up to US equivalent to $150 euros. However, I am risking not getting the Savoy and instead a 5* hotel with little character with little savings.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I would be bidding closer to $120+.

Best rate in US Dollars i can find is about $250, so i would be trying closer to half of that figure. As well, there's no need to panic at this point but you are inside of one month and you're currently bidding significantly below your alternative plan of $160/$185.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]