Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat

dct61
By dct61,
in

Hi. We stayed at the Westin Diplomat (before a cruise) a little over a year ago...it is a fantastic hotel and we'd like to stay there again. However, since the Crowne Plaza is now in the same "star rating" I am a little leary of the Hotwire listing I am getting.

The date we are looking at is:

checking in: December 13, 2008

checking out: December 14, 2008

4* Hollywood Beach

$126.00

best value

customer favorite

resort, near beach, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant, business center, hi-speed internet

The thing that throws me off is the "customer favorite" tag. Seems as though the Westin would be more of a favorite than the Crowne Plaza. I think the Westin would have the "golf" logo as well, since they have a shuttle to their sister property, on a golf course. Any help with this identification? THANKS!

Hmmm....all this time checking on hotwire, and never did I click on the hotel name. Ya learn something new everyday. Yep....the golf icon DOES show up and it mentions "260+ customer reviews"....so this is probably a good indication it IS the Westin Diplomat. The only thing that seems "off" is the star rating on Hotwire (3.5) VS

the star rating on TripAdvisor (4)

I think Im going to go ahead and try it tonight when I get home. Thanks for such great advice "long tall"

My curiosity got the best of me, and I went ahead and did the Hotwire deal. The hotel in question DID turn out to be the (hoped for) WESTIN DIPLOMAT. We got a room (that we paid $275.00 for in october of 2006) for $143.00..ya cant beat that! Thanks "Betterbidding" and "long tall sally" you guys are the greatest!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]