Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Westin River North

gaddamit21
By gaddamit21,
in

Hello, I am new to hotwire and new to this site. I am looking for 4 hotel rooms with 4 people in each for a bachelor party in downtown chicago. I am looking for the hotel rooms for memorial day weekend. May 23 - 25 2008. I looked on hotwire, and have noticed there is a 4 star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville for $149.00. Any idea on what hotel this could be? It has the following ammenities:

Fitness Center

Business Center

Restaurants

High Speed Internet Access

It has 100+ travelers reviews of 4.0 out of 5.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Welcome to the board. :)

That would be a match for either the Conrad, Westin River North or the Hard Rock (not a bad one out of those three), but given the 4/5 tripadvisor rating, I would lean towards it being the Westin - which would be terrific if it is.

If it does turn out to be the Westin, see if you can upgrade at least one of the rooms to a river view room. If they charge you an upgrade fee, it's worth it - the river view rooms offer some pretty fantastic views.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link (click the HOTWIRE) to start your purchase, as it supports the site - and we greatly appreciate any support.

Really, really nice hotel. Beautiful location on the river, and there's a gorgeous, modern bowling alley with full bar (the 10 pin) across the street in the House of Blues complex. There's also a ton of restaurant options nearby. Everyone might like Fogo De Chao, which is essentially an "all you can eat" Brazillian steakhouse.

You guys really lucked out - you couldn't have gotten a much nicer setting (in terms of downtown 4*'s) for a bachelor party - you may be enjoying the hotel too much to have too much bachelor party fun - great location too, in terms of nearby restaurants and sights. The lobby is pretty stunning; the hotel used to be the Japanese-owned Hotel Nikko, and while the rooms do not have the same look, the lobby does have a very sleek, Japanese style to it complete with rock garden in the back. Also in the lobby:

Hana Lounge

Relax in modern luxury at Hana Lounge. Open nightly, the lounge features fine spirits and an award-winning sushi bar.

Kamehachi Sushi Bar

Enjoy authentic Japanese delicacies at this beautiful six-seat sushi bar. Located in Hana Lounge on the lobby level.

While nothing upgrade-wise is guaranteed since you booked through HOTWIRE, if they offer you the option to upgrade to a river view room for an extra $40 a night, I think it's worthwhile - the river view rooms (especially on the higher floor) have some pretty spectacular views.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]