Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Lake Buena Vista-Downtown Disney) Sheraton Safari

vin1215
By vin1215,
in

I am looking at hotels in orlando for 3/3-3/7 and when I change the number of people the hotels change and sometimes the price of the same hotel changes too. My question is why is this and my other question is if I put 4 adults but I actually only show up with 2 adults then will there be a problem? I ask because i want the hotel that shows up with 4 adults instead of 2.

'Standard' price is for double occupancy... so the rate can/often goes up when looking for more than double occupancy (just as the rate often goes up when comparing double vs. triple occupancy on the hotel's own website)

There is no problem booking quad occupancy when you will only be two people... only the other way around (booking for two when you'll actually be four) can it be an issue.

Please use our HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

here are the hotel specs.

travel from 3/3-3/7 3 adults 1 child universal studios zone

price is 39 a night Customer Fav

amenities are : Comp. Breakfast , hi speed internet, fitness and pool

I think it is the Hyatt place but the savings dont match up.. On hyatt.com the rates are like 150 a night. Could I actually save this much a hotel or do you think it is a different hotel than the hyatt?

I don't use Hotwire much, but I believe I have read people post that they vary their prices by a few dollars from time to time, possibly to throw people off trying to ID them.

The way I read it, it sounds like this person is saying that a different hotel option shows up in the results when 4 people are searched for that isn't there when only 2 people are searched for. This does seem bizarre, but like I said, I don't use Hotwire much and have no idea why a hotel would be available for a party of 4 and not a party of 2. The other way around happens frequently.

Is this common? If so, then people should be searching the same dates with more people on a regular basis to make sure they get to see all the options available, not just the ones that come up on a 2 person search...

HOTWIRE's position is that the retail price is for a hotel of that star quality in that zone, not necessarily the price of the hotel you will receive. So while the prices often do match up with the hotel received, they sometimes do not.

The above is a match for the Hyatt Place Universal so that would be our best guess.

Please ue this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Ended up going with priceline and got Sheraton safari for $48 a night. FYI, that hotel was pretty bad. The room they gave us had a horrible smell and the sliding glass door for the balcony had white and yellow paint all over it. I cannot believe they would give that room to a customer. They ended up moving us and it was a little better but we were disappointed that a hotel would even give someone a room like our first one.

Thanks for the follow-up!

Please remeber to conclude your threads with the results as you received them so the information can best help others users (as well as a courtesy to those who took the time to help with your stay)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]