Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (West-Plantation) Holiday Inn and Suites

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

looking for advice & tips on priceline bidding for this hotel for a 1 night (Wed) stay on 2/27 for a reasonable price - maybe $60-65 - will go thru savingsbarn.com to start - very new to priceline & the "re-bid" process - anyone who has any pointers on what zone(s) to add for free "rebids" if I dont get it on my first try.....also I am trying to figure out if there are any other 3* hotels in the same zone as this that we might get stuck in as this hotel looks very nice for our 1 night stay & would prefer not to get put somewhere else.....I think this hotel is in the FLL North zone, but I am not sure on that also - anyone with pointers or advice on a price to offer & the "rebid" zones to add to get this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanx!!!!

As I write this the free rebid zones for Fort Lauderdale on a 3* are "Miramar" and "Fort Lauderdale Airport North". You should always double check this though, by opening a new bid window for the area and selecting each zone checkbox one by one independently and seeing what * options get greyed out in the boxes below on the bid entry page. If 3* and above is greyed you know that zone can be use for a free rebid.

The hotel list shows the Sheraton Suites is another 3* previously won in the "North" zone - so you could get that or another as yet unreported hotel.

Good luck and let us know what happens. I think your bid of $65 will be too low though for this date as it's very busy. I bid up to $90 for 1 night 20/2-21/2 in this zone today and got rejected. Every day can go for different prices though...

won this hotel on Monday......this was a last minute decision to get a hotel for the beginning of our trip...it is so close to the date & also it seems to be VERY busy in southern FL now so I had gotten alot of rejections of bids because I think alot of the hotels are pretty full.....

used savings barn link...

bid $75.00 4* West FLL/Plantation - rejected

rebid 85.00 & added FLL Arpt North - rejected

rebid 92.00 & added miramar - rejected

rebid 95.00 & added 3* & received this Holiday Inn

might have gotten this a little cheaper if I had added the 3* on the second or third rebid, but was trying to get into the 4* Hyatt Regency Bonaventure - had a gut feeling it was too sold out though....anyhow this hotel is supposed to be very recently renovated, & the Holiday Inn website gave me a price of $243.00 per night w/ AAA discount, so I will be happy with what I got it for!!!! Hopefully it is nice!!! Thanx again for all the tips on this forum - it is a great help....now I wish for sunshine in Florida...

Congratulations on your win!

In the future when you drop to 3 stars, you can "uncheck" the zones you have already bid by closing the browser and re-access priceline. They will still remember your previous bids (so you just can't bid the same zones and star rating again but at higher prices), but you can then lower your star rating and begin with a 'clean slate'.

All in all though looks like a fantastic deal at well under half price!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]