Germany Frankfurt Sofitel Savigny East

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

Well, the hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood, residential area, and comes with a garden terrace in the courtyard. Thus, especially rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet. I went there by car, so can't really tell about the public transportation nearby, but I guess the next subway station is "Galluswarte", or at least some bus stations nearby. The hotel is not very far from the Marriott and the fairgrounds, though in PL zone for FRA East.

The lobby and the main building seem to be renovated, the lobby was quite nice and well designed. There was a computer terminal in the lobby for free guest use. Check-in was rather friendly, though they told me currently no room available yet, but offered me a single room instead. Upon askind ng for smoking preference, and after I had asked for a smoking room, she found a room in the Westend building of the hotel for me anyhow (but, I guess a single room, not sure anyway). The westend building (you have to walk some time to get there from the lobby) seems to be the non-renovated one and looks rather shady, dark and a little bit dirty. The elevator of this building was very slow and looked quite tired already as well. My room was on the first floor and was rather small. The bed was 200x140cm, thus French bed, as we say in Europe. Looked really more like a single room, though all the rooms on this floor seemed to be of the same size, looking at the floormap. The interior was styled in "historical style", thus quite timeless, but however a little bit run-down on the second view (furniture damaged etc.). It was not really very clean as well. The bathroom looked a bit better, and more modern, but the shower cabin (no tub) came already with some mold.

There was a minibar in the room (nicely filled, but of course rather expensive) and a small cable TV with pay TV. Wireless Internet was available, but for charge (provided by vodafone). The bed was not very comfortable, seemed rather used already either.

I ordered room-service dinner, and I have to admit the food was excellent! Some of the best room-service dinner I've ever had...

Check-Out was ok, though they asked me at first to pay for the whole room charge, but after having insisted that it was a prepaid booking, it was quickly corrected and I only had to pay extra for the room-service food. No questions asked if I've had liked the stay, no good trip etc.. thus a bit disappointing.

Finally, I'd guess everything would have been better if they had given me one of the renovated rooms already.. so you have to be lucky with this hotel (similarily as before with the Le Meridien Parkhotel in Frankfurt, I guess, when they still had the unrenovated rooms in the side building and the renovated ones in the main building). In this case now, I'd have given this establishment a 3 star rating at maximum.

Hotel photos

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]