Priceline Hotel: 3/7/08 - 3/9/08 Try Priceline?

TravelFish
By TravelFish,
in

Hi! Long time lurker, 1st time poster! I'm trying to find Vegas hotel on the strip (either central or south strip). I know that I do not want Tropicana or Hooters or Mandalay Bay

I have a reservation at Bally's for $117/night or $234 for two nights. It's $255 including tax. It's through Bally's, so I can cancel.

Hotwire doesn't seem to have much better. $109 for something like Bally's or Flamingo. That a negligible difference.

Should I try Priceline? If so, where and how much do you suggest?

Thanks.

TravelFish - Welcome to BetterBidding!

A few things to help you decide.

1. Priceline zones for the strip is North and South. The "Central Strip" is a HOTWIRE zone. I guess you just mixed up the zones.

2. Hotters is a 3* in the South zone and TheHotel at Mandaly Bay is a 5* in the South zone. Technicaly can you get an upgrade when bidding at a 4* to a 5* in the South zone (or any zone or * level). I can't say how likley this is for LV.

3. Tropicana has never been reported as a Priceline win. But looking at the current Priceline map for the South zone is this the zone for the Tropicana. But hotels, ratings and zones change all the time at Priceline and HOTWIRE.

So I guess you're stuck with the North Strip if using Priceline. But the end of North zone if bidding 3* is a step from Bally's location. Reported 4* and 5* are in favor for this zone. Look at the priceline map and decide.

Just post if you have further questions.

Henrik.

PS. Please use boards support page when booking directly or doing a back-up.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]