Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) Westin

Tom Jones
By Tom Jones,
in

hello,

first: this is a great forum!!!!!

i am from germany and i am looking for rooms in the south & north strip form 04/24/08 - 04/27/08 - 5* room - if possible...

what do you think i have to pay for with priceline? i think splitting is a good idea - i will try first 04/24/08 - 04/25/08, than 04/25/08 - 04/26/08 and 04/26/08 - 04/27/08 - or do you think i should try as a block 04/25/08 - 04/27/08?

do you think i will find a room for about $160?

what do you think i should pay max for a 4* room?

thank you very much.....

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Assuming your maximum bid is around $160, I would first try for the complete stay at the 5* level, and then if rejected try SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID (although interesting to note that the Thursday nite of this stay is more expensive than the weekend nites!)

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow (not clear if $160 is your absolute maximum for a 5* or if you were just hoping to success at approximately that amount).

... and thanks for the compliments on the site :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I will also be staying in Vegas that week, but my stay is 04/26 - 04/29. I tried to bid several times on 4* and 5* rooms in the North and South Strip locations. My max was $125 for a 5*, but that was rejected. I eventually bid $88 for a 4* room and received a counter offer of $110 and used the counter offer formula (Inital price + 1/2 of counter offer increase) and won a room for $99. However, I won a room at the Westin Casuarina which is off the strip a little and has received mixed reviews.

Thought this may help with your bidding.

hello,

thank you for your help!

i think my max. is $150-160 per night for a 5*room - if possible less than $160...of course ;-)

do you think, it's to early? should i try to get a cheaper price some days for i arrive in las vegas? what's your experience: are the prices cheaper at priceline, if you book a short time before arriving?

thanks!!

..is it right, that the only 5* rooms are aviable in the north & south stripe?

As far as when to bid, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ. However, i think a 5* hotel for under $160 on the above stay would be a very good deal and i would suggest bidding now... i don't think there is much room for an overbid with that budget.

When you're ready to begin let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]