Priceline Hotel: Westin Diplomat or Hollywood Beach Crowne Plaza NO LUCK 2/16-2/18

tormapleaf
By tormapleaf,
in

The Diplomat is going for $430 and the Crowne Plaza for $255. I went up to to $200 for the Diplomat and $150 for the Crowne Plaza. Given it is less than a week away, I don't understand why they don't sell their rooms which will otherwise go unsold. The Diplomat has rooms available with Starpoints so that means they have basic rooms available, but I'm not prepared to spend 16,000 starpoints per night. Does anyone think the situation may change this week?

This is further to my previous post. HOTWIRE shows availabilty for a 4* in Hollywood Beach for $269 with a retail rate of $430 which is exactly the going rate for the Westin Diplomat. However, it does not show an icon for "golf nearby" until you click "Continue". When you go to the next screen, it also shows the golf nearby icon. I suspect it cannot be the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach because the retail rate for that property is not $430. If HOTWIRE is offering the Westin Diplomat for $269, does anyone have a guess as to how much it could be had thru PRICELINE? Thank you.

The retail rate is not necessarily for the hotel you will receive, but for a hotel of that quality in the area... so you may still be seeing the Crowne Plaza given that both have the same star rating (and amenities) thru HOTWIRE.

If you do go this route please use our HOTWIRE link.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2/18 is President's Day, a US national holiday, so it's a holiday long weekend with lots of people pouring in from colder climates. As a result, I would imagine hotels in the area, particularly those along the beach, would cut back their Priceline inventory and/or the rooms at Priceline rates have already been snapped up.

You might also consider the Fort Lauderdale beach zone, where the 2.5* Courtyard by Marriott has been having a lot of availability. Their regular rate is $229.

Good luck.

This entire weekend is very expensive all over South Florida. If you don't care about being close to the beach, I won the Renaissance Plantation 4* for $140 on Priceline. That's about half of their regular rate of $289. Hotwire also has a 3* resort which is almost certainly the Newport Beachside Hotel Resort in Sunny Isles Beach, for $79 per night.

Just be careful that you don't end up spending $269 on HOTWIRE for the Crowne Plaza when you could book it regular for $255...that always smarts!

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]