Priceline Hotel: Trying for Resort Westin Diplomat - Hollywood

seastin
By seastin,
in

I am a fairly experienced bidder with priceline and have tried bidding for a resort in Hollywood for the following dates:

Feb 17-20

Feb 22-24

I have started at $135 and gone all the way up to $230 with no luck. Considering I have had an accepted bid at $135 (as others on this board have), I think it wouldn't be too smart to go higher. I know rooms are available and the retail rate ranges from $400-$430.

Anyone know why they would not be accepting any bids?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It could be a variety of reasons... there could be a lot of meetings, conventions, wedding, etc. during these dates and they're holding rooms back for those attending these events.

Essentially it comes down to supply vs. demand, and occupancy levels are probably higher for these dates than the other dates you're seeing with lower accepted bids.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Seastin, just an FYI that you are looking for rooms on two of the BUSIEST weekends in South Florida (Coconut Grove Art Festival and Miami Beach Boat Show Feb 15-18) and South Beach Food & Wine Festival Feb 21-24. Most of the South Beach hotels and alot of the better Ft Lauderdale area resorts are full at full price, therfore you won't have much luck trying for them at a discount on priceline for those dates :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]