Priceline Hotel: June 29 - July 2

zink88
By zink88,
in

I have a cancellable reservation at the Courtyard New York Manhatten/Midtown East for these 3 nights at a cost of $209 AAA rate per night. I can get the first night (Sunday) at $142 non-refundable with the other 2 nights at $209 refundable. This hotel seems to get very favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. It is also the only 2.5 star hotel identified in the priceline list of hotels in Midtown East on this website. Does that mean if I bid for ONLY a 2.5 star in ME that I am bidding on this hotel?

If so, what would be considered a good bidding price for these dates? If not and I am at risk of getting some undesireable 2.5 star hotel, what would be a recommended bidding price for a 3* on these dates? 4*?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Does that mean if I bid for ONLY a 2.5 star in ME that I am bidding on this hotel?
No, see the comments at the top of the Hotel List.
what would be a recommended bidding price for a 3* on these dates? 4*?
Is MTE the only zone you're willing to accept?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Seeing as I can get the Courtyard New York Manhatten/Midtown East on these dates for an average of $187 (one night at $142 and two at $209), AND it gets an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 153 travel reviews on Trip Advisor. AND it is reported to have much larger rooms than the typical New York hotel, AND several of the reviewers indicate the rooms are as nice as those in 4* hotels they've stayed in, I would want to see some significant savings to warrant going to an unknown hotel 3* or 4* hotel. Let's say I'd like to score a 4* for no more than $150, a 3* for $135. Unrealistic for the Sunday through Wednesday prior to the July 4 holiday?

I would start with the 4* only first up to $135, then go back and do 3* up to $135, then continue on with the 4* up to $150. If I'm able to get the $187 average daily rate for June 29-Jul 2 now, how likely am I to get significantly lower bidding over the next 4 months? I would think the July 4 week would be more expensive than normal , although the holiday is Friday and we'll be leaving by Wednesday prior to the holiday and I don't know what is considered "normal" for 3* and 4* hotels during the June/July time period.

The zones listed are acceptable with possibly the exception of MS.

Surprisingly, in years past, the July 4th weekend didn't show a significant change in demand... perhaps tourist stays are up but business stays are down, and therefore demand remained average?

I'd start as follows:

When bidding 4* or 3* in NYC you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and Times Square...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and Times Square...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and Times Squrae...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135.

If the above is rejected close your browser and repeat the process above, but using 3* instead of 4*... it's certainly worth a try though.

If the above is rejected we'll then revise to try continue on up to $150 for a 4 star property.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us knwo how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A review of winning bids on this forum indicates the lowest reported price paid for a 4* in NYC over the past year was $108 for the Grand Hyatt for 1/31/07 to 2/3/07. There were a couple of winning bids for the Intercontinental the Barclay at $110 and $111 and at least nine winning bids of $120 for various hotels (primarily in MTW and MTE). I Placed bids tonight for 4* only from $100 to $115 with no luck. I will continue placing bids through the savingsbarn.com link up to $115 for the next few weeks and will let you know if I get a win.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]