Priceline Hotel: help with bidding for 4* South Beach hotel for 2/21/08 to 2/25/08

shylita
By shylita,
in

I tried doing my bid at $85 a night...

I'm not sure I understand the "zones". I saw nothing liek that when I was submitting my bid and credit card information. The bid for 85 was rejected and it prompted me to change the dates, star level, area to stay, or the price. When I tried to change the price to 90 it wouldnt allow me too, because I hadn't changed any of the other choices. Please help :) :)

How do I know which zone does NOT have a 4* hotel?

This is what I got on the rejection screen...for my choices...

Aventura Details

Coral Gables - Coconut Grove Details

Dadeland Details

Key Biscayne Details

Miami Airport (MIA) Details

Miami Beach Details

Miami Downtown Details

Miami Lakes Details

North Miami Details

North Miami Beach Details

South Beach Details

Southwest Miami Details

Select All Zones

Welcome to BetterBidding!

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (you need to do this from the page after you select a city, NOT from a rejected bid screen):

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

At the 4 star level you have four such re-bid zones, feel free to try to figure them out and confirm them with the board, or ask additional questions if you're confused by any of the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

shylita,

I don't want to bring bad news for your holiday but your max at $120 for a 4* is a very hard win, if it happen at all.

Prices are high for your dates. And getting a 4* in this area many times equal a resort fee at $15-$20/night and some hotels even charge for parking also.

Please keep trying for a 4*. But I would say use your max for a 3* and include North Miami Beach zone and the Miami Beach zone.

Just post if you need any further help.

Good luck!

Henrik.

Not sure what you're plans are if you're not successful with priceline or HOTWIRE, but if rejected for the above it's highly unlikely that you're going to find a 4* hotel for thru traditional sources within your budget.

Perhaps you can find something lower rated, but with good reviews, thru a non-opaque channel... i would try searching GTA Hotels, LastMinuteTravel, Quickbook.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks guys. yeah the pricing for that weekend is really crazy. *sigh* Just my luck.

Has anyone ever stay at the Deauville Beach Resort on 6701 Collins? It's about 99 a night average...and has some pretty ok reviews.

Also...should I try those same bids with a 3 star hotel in Sobe? I wouldn't mind that either. The Chelsea doesn't sound too bad.

The reviews of the Deauville Beach Resort are somewhat mixed, but that does seem like a very good price for these dates? Where can you book that rate? Is it cancellable?

Whether you bid for a 3* or not depends upon how much you feel like taking a 'blind' 3 star property vs. your next best deal (i presume the Deauville above?). However, you won't be able to follow the same strategy since you don't have as many re-bid zones at the 3 star level as you did at the 4 star level.

Yeah I went ahead and booked the Deauville. Ur website is very helpful.

This is their policy:

Cancellation Policy: If you find it necessary to change your plans, Please inform us at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date to avoid a one night Room and tax penalty.

They have a 10 dollar per day resort fee also.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]