Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court-Knightsbridge) Holiday Inn Kgn Forum

Steak2007
By Steak2007,
in

I am looking for 4* in either Notting Hill or Kensington zones from Sat. 2/16/08 to Mon. 2/18/08.

I prefer Notting Hill, as it contains my #1 choice hotel, the Hilton Paddington. However I know that is is only a chance that I can win this, and could certainly win a different one in that zone. Still I'd prefer to try there first, just in case.

Bidding history so far:

(Date) -- Bid Amount (*Note: ALL rejected*) -- Counter Offer

1/23 -- $78 -- $140

1/24 -- $83 -- $141

1/25 -- $88 -- $141

1/26 -- $92 -- $141

1/27 -- $95 -- $141

1/28 -- $98 -- $141

1/30 -- $100 -- $143

** Then took break for few days until... **

2/4 -- $100 -- $143 (thought I'd try $100 again just in case they would now accept at this price)

It tells me when I am placing bid that the average price for Notting Hill is $200, and Kensington is $218.

I still have not attempted in Kensington, but I think I will start bidding there from around $80 and increasing by $4 or $5 for several days to see if I can win at $100 or less

-----------

Note I also see a HOTWIRE option for 3.5* Kensington for $99/night (Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center). I would probably use this if I can't win Priceline for around $100. I believe this may be Holiday Inn Kensington Forum. Agree??

------------------

All bids going through www.savingsbarn.com . Any other advice? Thank you for the great site.

Steak2007,

I think the gap between your bid and counter offer is to big. I do understand what you're trying to do. But try around $110-$120, I think you're closer to hit at that amount. Or $100 is your max?

The Hilton Paddington has not been reported for a long time. I hope you get, great hotel with a super location.

If you're looking for a nice 3*. The Bloomsbury-Marble Arch zone got a very nice Holiday Inn Kensington Park that is frequent. It's 3 stops from Paddington. One of the better stays I have had in London for the money.

The 3.5* for kensington is a match for the Holiday Inn.

If you decide to go for this so please use this HOTWIRE link.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Henrik.

Thanks for the advice.

I don't want to go much higher than $100 because the HOTWIRE 3.5* Kensington is still available for $99/night, which will probably be fine for my trip.

-------------------

I just tried again 4* Notting Hill $100, rejected, counter $142. Didn't expect it to work, but never know.

Then tried 4* Kensington $80. Rejected, and it said the following: "If you are willing to raise your price by $22, you can try the same request again right now."

^^ I guess that I may try again in 24 hours at $90, just to test the market for another day or 2, before I settle on the HOTWIRE choice. I understand the HOTWIRE choice could disappear suddenly... but I'll take my chances.

I just remembered that I could actually rebid right now for $90. I bid the following:

4* Kensington + Notting Hill / $90

BID ACCEPTED -- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum !

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$90.00

Subtotal: US$180.00

Taxes & Service Fees: US$40.64

Total Charges: US$220.64

---------------------

So, I have won this hotel for approximately $10 less per night than the HOTWIRE offer (assuming that was also the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum). I am satisfied enough with the results.

All bids through www.savingsbarn.com !

Keep up the great site!

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success and that you came in under your budget... it appears that you're happy with the results.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]