Priceline Hotel: Help NYC June 19 to June 22

mtohio
By mtohio,
in

Hi,

We are trying to firm up our post cruise stay in NYC [Queen Mary 2 Cruise, which we are very excited about !!].

We are a total of "6" people, 3 Adults and 3 Children [2 of which are under 8 years -- i.e. small people]

We need a room in NYC from Sat. June 19th for 3 nights [departing on June 22nd].

We would like 2 rooms in a 4 star hotel property, probably MTE or MTW; but we are very flexible.

What we have booked so far [as our backup] is a suite @ the Hilton Times Square [of which we feel the property location and property itself is pretty ideal] For the 6 of us, we have booked a Deluxe Suite which is 1.5 baths [full bath + powder room] and this 1 bedroom is on the 43rd or 44th floor, has an actual separate bedroom with king and sofa bed in LR --- total size of the room is 650 sq feet. We get buffet breakfast daily with this rate. Total price for the room w/ Breakfast [for all 6] is $399 per night.

I guess if we could get a 4* property for $150 or less [per room] that would work out pretty well [$300 night is better than $399 per night --- and 2 rooms [w/ 2 full baths] should be a little more than 650 sq feet ?? which I am NOT certain about]

Any bidding advise or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks again ! Michael

While i research this can you please follow-up some of your others posts... even if you didn't ultimately book thru Priceline or Hotwire please indicate where you ultimately stayed, how you booked, and how much. This will give others options for when Priceline/Hotwire doesn't work for their own stays and will also give the thread some 'closure' (so other users know what ultimately happened and aren't left wondering).

You can see all of your posts by clicking on your name and then, near the top left corner of the box, click on 'see all posts by this member'.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would try this:

4* MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $110, if rejected add UM/CPS (assuming you are 'ok' with this zone) and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid #1 and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid #2 and...

Bid $140.

Based upon rates i'm doubtful of success, but i'd try the above first since you have a bit of time.

What appears to be the Roosevelt shows upon Hotwire for ~$120/nite which is in MTE, decent location, and well below your budget... but it's a 3.5* on Hotwire. Most visistors don't like to stay on Lower Manhattan, but if you could get the Embassy Suites there is may be a good option for your given the extra people per each room... and also includes free cooked to order breakfast and a 'cocktail hour' each evening.

Let us know how it goes and your thoughts on the two other alternatives mentioned.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You had suggested 5 bids ending in $140 [$100, $110, $120, $130, and $140 respectively] but since I didn't want UM/CPS I only had 4 bids [$100, $110, $120 and $130];

so, instead of the $130, I bid a little higher $138.

If you think that was a mistake, please explain, I figured that $130 might be too low, so I gave it a shot at $138

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

We decided that after our 8 day cruise on the QM2 we really wanted to end the trip in style.

Booked a pre-pay luxury suite @ the Waldorf Towers for $580 per night direct w/ Hilton. What is unique is that this suite has "2" double beds [instead of the usual king bed] -- which is really what we needed to accomodate the 6 of us. This is also truely a 1 bedroom suite --- not just a room w/ a seperate sitting area.

Called the hotel to confirm a few things, and basically the suite is 750 sq. ft + and has 1 and 1/2 baths and will be located on a floor higher than the 33rd floor. Also, breakfast and snacks in the lounge are available and operate all weekend.

So, would have loved to have gotten a great deal through priceline, but this will be a wonderfull way to end our trip.

Regards....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]