Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Fremont) Golden Nugget

VegasChick
By VegasChick,
in

So after several requests, today Priceline decided to issue me a full refund for my South Strip 4* $84 win. I'm pretty excited, because I booked that before I knew about this site, and now I think that I could get a better deal. The win was as a result of me accepting a counter offer.

I am not really opposed to gettng Monte Carlo again, and the person I was speaking to couldn't say if I'd get it again or not, I just felt like I could have received a better deal working through this site. I'm going for a wedding and most of them are staying at Bellagio or Flamingo. I can't afford the 5*, and I really want to save as much money on a hotel as possible. We don't mind staying off the strip, because we've been to Vegas several times. We are going to have a car too, which I already booked through savingsbarn and will add in the rental car section on this site if I already haven't.

I'm not sure if I should do Hotwire for this time, or Priceline. If I bid on a 3*, it would be a little iffy because there are properties which I would not want to stay at. I would never want to stay at Circus Circus, Stratosphere, Riviera, Sahara or Tropicana. I'm open to suggestions and bidding strategies.

I think for now I will make a reservation somewhere that I can cancel. That way I can wait until the last minute if I need to, if nothing is getting accepted on Priceline.

using 4* many people have 'won' planet hollywood over recent months with bids of 45-60 though recently have seen 60-70. you have time and i would bid daily using these prices as rough guides. remember to make a list of all bid combos utilizing free rebids. you will get many more chances by using completely new bids as opposed to just adding a zone!

Thanks for the Planet Hollywood advice. I think I may try that!

I don't want to pay more than I originally paid, which was 84/night. The wedding party is staying at Bellagio like I said and hotels in the general vicinity. If this wasn't going to be a major boozing trip, I'd do the Nugget, but I can't be driving to and from the strip this time. So anywhere South Strip would be fine, and North strip 4* would work too (as we discussed about a different trip in a previous thread). Westin is fine with me for this trip too.

Splitting my bid is definitely an option, and we could really care less if we have to switch hotels because of it.

Beating your previous $84 winning bid may be tough.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them)

Select 4* South Strip...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* North Strip...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* North Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Strip and North Strip...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90. (if you make it this far and want to try another $5 before splitting the bid)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If I do split my bid, what is the best way to go about that? I am assuming the Thursday and Friday nights are the most expensive, so would separating those from the rest of my trip be beneficial to me? I would pay more for those two nights, but would get the others much cheaper is what I was thinking.

I don't really see the Thursday nite being more expensive than the other midweek nites, the only 'trouble' nite as far as i can see is the Friday. If you want to split i would first try bidding 3/3-3/7 as per the following:

Select 4* South Strip...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* North Strip...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* South Strip and North Strip...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70.

If the above is rejected you can then try again for 3/3-3/6 OR use the previous strategy for your complete stay. The above stops at $70 since after that i would sooner try for your complete stay as it's not likely worth it to change hotels for $10-$15, imo.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

USED SAVINGSBARN.COM...

Split my trip up. Wedding people aren't getting in until 5th, so we are staying on Fremont until then. Bidding was as follows...

Bid on 3/3-3/5...

Bid 45: rejected

Bid 50: rejected

Bid 55: rejected

Bid 57: rejected

Bid 60: rejected

Bid 63: rejected

Bid 65: rejected

New plan... Bid on 3/3-3/4...

Bid 59: rejected

Bid 60: ACCEPTED

Then used their add another night feature to gain another night at $60 because when I tried to bid 3/4-3/5:

Bid 58: rejected

Bid 59: rejected

So I went back to my request and added an extra night. I'm pretty happy with this! Now I will see how it goes for the rest of the trip. I will split the other two days and the Friday if I have to. I'll keep you posted.

Congratulations on your win!

Thanks for sharing it with the board and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

We've merged this thread with your previous one for these dates, please start NEW TOPIC(s) for your other stays.

Thanks again... glad to hear this leg worked out well for your needs.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]