England London Marriott Regents Park

eaglelip
By eaglelip,
in

I stayed here January 25-27, 2008. Had 2 rooms via Priceline. One of the best hotels via Priceline in my opinion. Rooms were large - with a choice of one king or 2 double beds. 4 people in a room is OK, which is very unusual for London, and very nice for families.

The hotel is being renovated into a Marriott Resort. The restaurant was closed for renovation and all meals were being served in the bar. Didn't eat there, although is was often crowded. Room service was decent. Over the next year, different parts of the hotel will be renovated. I did not hear any noise at all, and certainly was not inconvenienced, maybe because it was over the weekend.

The location is in a nice residential neighborhood, almost a mile NW of Regents Park, well away from the center of London. 5 minute walk to Swiss Cottage tube station for trains to central London. Primrose Hill (between the hotel and Regents Park) is close by with a nice park and upscale restaurants.

The staff was friendly, if a bit inefficient.

There is a nice gym, indoor pool, sauna/steam available. The gym had a decent variety of machines, and the pool was large. The gym has many members from the surrounding community.

The rooms we had, while large and comfortable, were a tiny bit dated, especially the bathrooms. My carpeting had a fairly large hole in it. Not a problem at all for us as we were thrilled with the overall comfort and size of the hotel and room.

• 2 years later...

I stayed here in May, 2010 and was very happy with the hotel and its location. I had been worried about it seeming a bit too far north on the map, but this amounted to a couple tube stops. Plenty of buses to take into the attractions area,too.

There is a wonderful library and cultural, municipal sports center across the road. We had a good breakfast at the organic caf

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]