Canada Toronto Downtown Bond Place Hotel

son of pezcore
By son of pezcore,
in

Had been planning a trip to Toronto for the WinterCity festival for the end of January.

When we won this hotel we were excited due to the location of the Bond Place being right in the heart of Dundas Square. This provided easy access to the Canon Theatre, Eaton Centre, and the Air Canada Centre.

Upon arrival, the location was excellent. However, that was the only thing this hotel had going for it. We arrived at our room to find two single beds(if they were even that big - my feet were hanging off the end by a good 4-5" and I am only 5'10") in the smallest room we have ever stayed in.

We had a lovely view of a construction site which was outside our room. However, I think the construction workers enjoyed the view more as we constantly felt their stares forcing us to close the blinds.

We decided we would make the best of things and we could deal with the cramp space if we spent as little time in the room as possible. We set out on the town...returning around 10:30 pm. Tired after a long day of walking, we decided to relax and watch television. Well, the remote didn't work and after about five minutes of watching television the picture froze with John Stossel from 20/20 repeating the same sentence over (Doesnt it make you angry when..doesnt it make you angry when...) and over again for 5 minutes with his face alternating between pink and green. At this point, I climbed out of bed, turned off the television, and began counting the hours until we were awake and checking out.

Location is great, but not when you sacrifice quality and comfort. Also, of note. I have read similar traveler complaints on TA. The complaints usually originated from those who noted that they booked via Priceline. It seems, like this hotel might give guests the "priceline treatment".

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]