Priceline Hotel: Counter offers

poogie
By poogie,
in

If a counter offer is received that means you are close to an acceptable price for a 5* hotel. If you don't get a counter offer it means either you are not close to a price they will accept or that they are just not giving you a counter offer (thought your price may be close).

If you get one you can just use it as a guide that you are getting to an acceptable price.

I have placed a couple of bids on Priceline for a 5* in Las Vegas for 9/14-9/18 and wasn't accepted. I have read several threads about counter offers, but I don't see anywhere in my response where it indicates such a thing. Am I missing something? Am I bidding too early?

poogie, if you get an offer, you won't miss it, it is at the top where you get your result.

I have snipped a screenshot of a typical reply with an offer that you'd receive. (click on black bar to read it properly)

Cheers

PricelineOffer.jpg

It's probably a bit early, but with rates directly from the Venetian website showing $479/nite for these nites, i don't think you're in the ballpark (for this property... you could always win some other 5* property).

However, you could book the Venetian HERE for $236/nite... which is pretty good relative to the hotel direct rate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

if they countered with 188, you should be able to get it probably for 170 or less. be sure to organize your free bids. when i bid the other day for a 5* i had about 22 combinations using only 3 zones at a time. more are available if you go to 4 or 5.zones bid together.

if they countered with 188, you should be able to get it probably for 170 or less. be sure to organize your free bids. when i bid the other day for a 5* i had about 22 combinations using only 3 zones at a time. more are available if you go to 4 or 5.zones bid together.

Thanks HL23 - you were right I won the Palazzo @ $170 - i'll post the win on a new thread

• 1 month later...

Hi, had a ? about counter offers.

Biddding on a 4* in Seattle downtown. Started at $80--rej, $85--rej, at $90 it countered me to add $22.

Today I bid $95, and still countered to add $22.

So what does that mean? If I took it yesterday it would've been cheaper.

I'll still wait since it's a while before the reservation, and try to go up by $5 each time.

My guess is I'll get it for ~$105-$110 or so.

Any thoughts on the Counter offer amount staying the same even though my bid went up?

there are no clear cut patterns of how Priceline counters. What we do know is that it means you're getting close. Keep bidding up a few dollars more each day, so you dont end up over paying. i.e. try 96, 97, 98, ... 105 up to this highest you want to bid.

And make sure to use the PRICELINE link and post your results in a different Seattle, WA thread

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]