Priceline Hotel: 2* Lake Tahoe (South) Best Tahoe West Inn

wildskier
By wildskier,
in

Hi,

I have booked the "Best Tahoe West Inn" via Priceline today.

Priceline rates this property with 2 stars.

If you look at Expedia.com or Hotels.com, you see that they rate this hotel with 1.5 stars only.

This really sucks, because I expect a star level which I abviously don't get.

Can I expect priceline.com to cancel this reservation ?

Has anyone experience with that ?

I am absolutely unhappy with 1.5 stars ... a motel6 would be a better choice.

Take care.

The reviews are Love It or Hate It which i think is typical at the lower rated hotels (or else they're mostly negative)

Priceline rates this property with 2 stars.

If you look at Expedia.com or Hotels.com, you see that they rate this hotel with 1.5 stars only.

This really sucks, because I expect a star level which I abviously don't get.

Each company uses their own star rating system and criteria. Even if there was uniformity in the industry, Priceline doesn't use a 1.5* rating in their system... so this hotel would either be rated 1* or 2*, which it is.

You can try, but I don't think that you'll be able to get a refund from priceline based upon the star rating since 2* is certaily 'close enough' with 1.5* when they don't use a 1.5* rating. If you check-in and find the room unacceptable i would first try to resolve it with the management and then if still unsatisfied call priceline and see if they can resolve any issues. Depending upon your concerns the may or may not offer you a refund, but they would usually want you to at least "give the hotel a chance".

Thanks for the post and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey,

thanks for that quick reply.

I have written priceline.com an e-mail about this issue.

Their reply came two hours later, which I think is very fast and more than customer-friendly.

Anyways ... they've told me that they will check internally first and that they will reply on this issue within the next two business days.

I agree on the fact that I "could give the hotel a try" ... but on the other hand, I think that there's a reason why a hotel gets 1.5 or 2 stars.

We'll see ... I'll keep you updated.

Take care.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]