Priceline Hotel: new york

rb-boddabing
By rb-boddabing,
in

We are planning a trip to New York from April 8th till April 13th. We would like to stay in MTW, MTE, UM-CPS, or Times Square. Other areas of New York are also a possiblilty as well as staying in New Jersey, if need be. We would like a three star or possiblily a two star but I haven't read about any two stars in New York. We would like to keep the budget under 1,000 dollars for all five nights. We are flying into and out of LaGuardia. Any suggestions?

I haven't read about any two stars in New York
Most tend to shy away from the lower star ratings with an opaque purchase. There may be some low star rated hotels which would be sufficient for your needs, but there are likely some which are not, and since you can't choose which you'll receive, it's therefore not receommended to go for the lower rated hotels.

Here are some suggestions within your budget:

HOTWIRE has a 3* in the MTS zone for $169, but unfortunately has not yet been identified

HOTWIRE has a 2.5*, also in the MTS zone for $184/nite, which is a match for the Murry Hill Suites East, which gets good reviews for a 'budget' hotel. (it is in the North part of the MTS zone, so i wouldn't worry too much about this not being in one of the zones you've mentioned above as it's very close to the border of the next zone)

There is also The Pod hotel for $189/nite which also gets very good reviews for a budget property.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll take it from there (and use the links in this post if you go with any of the above).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the ideas. Have any hotels been identified with a 2.5 star rating with Priceline? I agree that a hotel that is not identified and is a 2 star might be a little risky.

A possibility for us could be the Soldiers', Sailors', Marines' and Airmen's Club at 283 Lexington Ave (between 36th and 37th St.). The rates are reasonable but the bathrooms and showers are shared. Do you think that it's a good location?

For us, since my husband is retired it's 50 dollars a person. Thus, it would be 100 dollars a night for the two of us. They do not charge any tax so the total would be 500 dollars for five nights.

I've been inside the club once but not in the bedrooms. It's pretty spartan from what I can tell but the price just seems so good. What are your thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]