Priceline Hotel: 2* Trenton-Princeton (Princeton-Monmouth Jntn) Extended StayAmerica

yossi
By yossi,
in

Princeton - Monmouth Junction

3450 Brunswick Pike

Princeton, New Jersey 08540

609-919-9000

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Fri, Jan 18, 2008 / After 03:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $35.00

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.45

Total Charges*: $47.45

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This hotel was horrible by the way. Absolutely NO amenities. You have to pay for maid service, they did not have a crib for my babe, the kitchen was dirty. Overall a very poor experience here.

When I stayed at this hotel, I use it together with nice Market Fair Mall off Rt 1 nearby that has wonderful Barnes & Noble where you can find hundreds of current magazine, and the coffee taste great with 43 cent refill if you are BN member. The food court has a great Japanese lunch box at little cost. And you can watch a nice movie at cinema if nothing to do before going back to hotel take shower and sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Yossi's review was a bit unfair. It seems as though yossi hadn't done much research into the type of lodging this is, and as a result ended up with something unexpected. This and many other similar accommodations in the area are of the studio/extended-stay variety. They're meant to provide apartment-like lodging to visitors staying for extended periods of time. That is, although there is no daily room service, you do get a lot of perks you wouldn't see at a typical hotel. For example, the poster failed to mention that the room includes a small kitchen, with full-size refrigerator, stove, sink, utensils, and cookingware. I think it would be unreasonable to expect a maid to come in every day and do your dishes for you (theres no dishwasher) at the low rate youre paying to begin with. Lastly, the room is cheap, and so is the internet... it should be free, but though it isnt, it is $5 for the duration of your stay (so whether you stay 1 night or a month, same rate).

I'd much rather have this room than a comparably priced motel with daily maid service, but of course, its important to match your needs with what you pay for. This one worked well for me.

The thing with ESA is to know what you get upfront. If you bid 2* on PRICELINE, you have a better than 50% chance of ESA. These suckers are no frills. I mean, you get one bar of soap and that is it...no shampoo, coffee, newspaper, etc...If you like a "full hotel experience" stay away from ESA.

Generally these are Super 8 quaility rooms with a kitchen. Everything in the room is cheap: Hard beds, small TV, rickety furniture, dark and dreary colors. That said, they are generally new properties with door inside access. You can almost always get these rooms for sub $50 on priceline. They are extended stay, but ironically I could not imagine staying there longer than a couple days. I'd go stir crazy. BUT, when I need a room for a night or two, just to sleep, I generally do a 2* on PL knowing I probably will get an ESA. They are fine for a shower and a place to get a few hours sleep. If you are going to work out of your room for periods of time, do not stay here if you are used to places like a Sheraton or Marriott. You will be disappointed.

Now that I know what to expect, if I need a place simply to crash for a few hours I 2* on PRICELINE. Anything other than that, I am 2.5* and above, which will exclude ESA

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]