Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) La Quinta Suites

rgdave
By rgdave,
in

Had hoped for the Hyatt Place (got that all fall for a $75 2.5* bid in this zone). Hyatt Place hasn't shown up as a winning bid on Betterbidding for a couple of months, it seems. The LQ is OK, I've stayed there a couple of times before, but the service is much better at Hyatt Place. The rate on the LQ website was $179 rack, $161 AAA/AARP, so $75 is a great rate.

Booked through the Savings Barn link.

For those of you who get the LQ Secaucus-Meadowlands, one note. The new renovated decor is actually quite stylish. But they no longer have blankets or comforters on the beds. Actually, pretty strange. When you check in, ask for blankets to be brought up to the room. On my last stay, I wanted one later in the evening, and all the housekeeping staff were gone. When I went downstairs to get one, there was only one staff person on the desk, and he couldn't leave to get me a blanket because "I'll be fired if I leave the desk." Overall, that is kind of my experience with the service attitude at this hotel --- and I've stayed there on both 'regular' and Priceline rates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]