Priceline Hotel: 3* Dallas (Market Center-DAL Love Field) Sheraton Suites

frugalsue
By frugalsue,
in

Total was 58.77 with tax which is cheap but I'm not sure if I'm happy about this or not. All the reviews I've read have said this is run down hotel.

I stayed there 2 years ago on a hotwire low price and it was bad then. I figured it would have been renovated but all reviews are more like 2 star or less. I've sent a complaint to priceline because they should see all the bad reviews. sure it's cheap but a 3 star should be a 3 star. Has anyone had any luck with a good room there. Maybe they just give the bad rooms to Priceline, Hotwire customers. Is it worth making very clear when you check in that you want good room?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Not sure where you're reading the reviews, but perhaps another point of view is that full paying customers don't feel it's a good value. For example, rates for the above nites start at $179/nite... somebody paying that may leave with a bad tate in their mouth if it didn't live up to their expectations, but maybe for $45/nite their thoughts would be differnet based upon the price paid.

I'd go with an open mind and if you have any problems with the room assignment, let the front desk staff know exactly what it is you don't like and ask for a different room which may satisfy your needs better.

Good luck and let us know how it ultimatley goes.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I usually use trip advisor for reviews. They usually have the most posted. I did contact Priceline complaining about the 3 star rating - they of course just said basically "tough". I did book this through Savings barn. I am going to go and see what happens. I'm planning on being up front with the check in staff and tell them my bad experience 2 years ago and hope they put me in a remodeled room - but I as I said from reviews I doubt they have done any remodeling yet. I know it's cheap but the whole idea is to get a 3 star for 1 star price!

• 1 month later...

Sorry- having trouble - wanted to post my experience at Sheraton Suites. It was an unremodeled room. Some wallpaper damage in bedroom, some mold around bath, TV didn't work - had to call service and they were like" HMM this isn't the usual TV" but got it to work. But the good news is the beding was all new. The couch seemed new or at least did not have the rips and tears like last time I stayed. So not horrible for the price - just realize that lots of hotels are going to give you inferior rooms when you book thru the bargain sites. Not all - but some. So read reviews etc! :)

I too have stayed in the Sheraton Suites. It was ok, large rooms, a bit musty. I think I and some other guy were the only people in the hotel that night. Totally vacant to the point that I wondered if it was even open when I arrived.

But, overall a good experience but there are better 3* in the area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]