Priceline Hotel: 4* Hong Kong (Tsim Sha Tsui or Central Kowloon) - 5th March 5 nights

phillai
By phillai,
in

I did 4 bids on priceline for a 4* hotel that I need in Hong Kong this morning.

I need the hotel in the areas of Tsim Sha Tsui or Central Kowloon and I need it on the 5th March 2008 for 5 nights.

All these bids were unsuccessful.

$70 - 12th Jan 12.50am

$88 - 12th Jan 1.00am

$90 - 12th Jan 3.30am

$92 - 12th Jan 3.33am

Can anyone help me out?

I will update progress this as I got along.

P.S. I just want say a personal thanks to blindman who helped me understand the priceline strategy.

In case you've not seen his excellent thread on the free Priceline bids that you can make, you can see it HERE!

At the 4* level you have one re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Tsim Sha Tsui

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Central

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Tsim Sha Tsui and Central

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110 (you don't need to bid $110, but i included it as the hotel i looked at for these nites is higher than usual, but you can stop at $105 if that is your absolute maximum bid)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all your help but I'm going to give up on this one... According to blindman I had 6 free bids but they were all unsuccessful!

I hope my bidding history helps other people though but I really couldn't get a room in Central Kowloon or Tsim Sha Tsui for the 5th March 2008 for 5 nights.

$70 - 11/01 12.50am

$90 - 11/01 1.00am

$92 - 12/01 3.30am

$94 - 12/01 3.33am

$96 - 13/01 2.49pm

$98 - 13/01 2.52pm

$100 - 13/01 2.57pm

$102 - 13/01 3.00pm

$104 - 13/01 3.04pm

$106 - 13/01 3.07pm

As I said yesterday there may be reasons that you are unsuccesful.

1) Inventory has not been released yet to Priceline. No-one knows when this happens.

2) Hotel prices are high due to some convention or big event. So the usual winning bids are no good.

3) One day in your range has a high rate, which will spoil the overall priceline bid. (Splitting the bid may help-but it has risks).

IMHO I don't think PL is the best option in HK or Shanghai as AsiaRooms usually come up with good deals.

Don't give up. Book a cancellable backup (as we discussed) and every 3-4 days take a 'pop' at PL. Keeping to your budget and researching elsewhere for reported wins.

Have a good holiday.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]