Priceline Hotel: Need help; trying to book another room...

bearsmama
By bearsmama,
in

I booked with PL for the Tampa Renaissance (4* Westshore/Airport) at $105 for 1/26-1/31. I need a second room for one night on Jan 30. I bid with the same qualifications starting at $105 and ending up at $125; every offer was rejected. Do you think PL rooms are just sold out for that night, or could there be another explanation for the rejections?

Thank you in advance, this is a great board!

Two issues are possibly affecting your rejections:

1) your 5 nites stay has a nightly rate breakdown as follows: 209, 349, 349, 349, 349 for an average rate of $321. When you're bidding for the last nite, the rate is $349, and therefore is requiring a higher bid thank your 5 nite stay. In theory your 5 nite stay is $28 less per nite than the additional one nite you need, so in theory (not necessarily in actuality) it should require a bid of $28 more than your previously accepted bid ($133), which you haven't gone up to yet. There isn't necessarily a 1 to 1 correlation as explained here, but it servers as an example of why the sole nite is requiring a much higher bid than the previous 5 nite stay.

2) with hotel direct rates this high, the hotel could be requiring a multi-nite stay

How high are you willing to go for this extra room?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]