Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (WDW) Holiday Inn Maingate East

goheelslhd
By goheelslhd,
in

Visiting Orlando - Arriving Jan 17, Departing Jan 22 2008

Among Hotwire's offerings are the following which interest me.

I can get the Country Inn and Suites at Calyso via EasyClickTravel for $68 which will be my fallback if these do not interest me.

1) 3 star LBV-Downtown Disney $76

RESORT, FITNESS CENTER, POOL, RESTAURANT, LAUNDRY, HI SPEED INTERNET, KITCHENETTE, CHILDRENS ACTIVITIES - My 'guess' is the Regal Sun???? Do you agree? It would put me as close to downtown disney as possible if it is!

2) 2.5 star Disney MainGate Championsgate $36

FITNESS CENTER, POOL, RESTAURANT, LAUNDRY, TENNIS, CHILDRENS ACTIVITIES - my 'guess' is Seralago???? Do you agree??

3) 3 star Disney MainGate Championsgate $52

FITNESS CENTER, POOL, RESTAURANT, BUSINESS, LAUNDRY, HIGH SPEED INTERET - have no clue! But interesting because it is a 3star for $52!

4) 2 star West of Disney $39

COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST, POOL, HI SPEED INTERNET - have no clue!

5) 3.5 star Downtown Orlando $99

SMOKE FREE ROOMS, FITNESS, RESTAURANT, HI SPEED, GOLF - have no clue!

Thanks in advance for your help!

The following would be our best guess for each:

1) Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort

2) Seralago

3) Holiday Inn Maingate East

4) Ramada Convention Center I-Drive

5) ???

Please remember to use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

PS- if you instead go with the EasyClickTravel offer, please instead use LastMinuteTravel (same company but they're trying to focus on this other division... thanks)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3 star WDW area

$42 (starting at $39 and going up $1 each time with free rebids)

flatly denied with no counter at $41 and added rebid and only went up $1 and accepted

Property can be booked through their site for an average of $63 a night during the dates of my stay ($59 weekday, $69 fri/sat). Seems to be the 3star of choice for Priceline during this time frame (a number of winners in the $40 range)

Holiday Inn Main Gate East

01/17/08-01/22/08

This is a rebranded Travelodge which has an upgraded star level because of refirbishment. The rooms look nice on their site and since this is a recent refirb, hope they are fairly accurate. I will post a review upon our return.

No onsite Diney value lodging (Pop/All Stars), or Port Orleans, nor very good deals on Resorts during this stay (spending $25+ a day extra on resort fees is not in the cards for this trip).

ummm, interesting.

$42 seems to be on the low-priced end for this zone. Congrats on winning this bid!

So I guess there doesn't always have to be a counteroffer before an offer is accepted?

In the past, i've always gone by the rough 1/3-2/3 rule ... ie if counter-offered $12, I will go up by $4 or $5 and see, but occasionally won't get accepted until I go all the way to 2/3 of the counterbid (e.g. adding $8 or $9 to the counterbid). I've never been accepted straight out after being flatly denied.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]