Priceline Hotel: Resorts in Disney World Vicinity

newbie from mass
By newbie from mass,
in

I am looking to stay in a "resort" in the Disney World area. In Priceline under resort hotels they list the Dolphin, Swan, Hyatt Regency, Marriott World Center and Hilton at Downtown Disney as available. These are listed under the "Lake Buena Vista-Kissimee" area. When I select the link to instead try to bid on a hotel I find an area now called "Disney World Vicinity" and it does show "resorts" as an option to bid on. I know from the faqs that the resorts I listed may or may not be the ones I am bidding on, but is it fair to say that the quality will be similar? I just don't want to be bidding on a resort that they now decide is a condo/timeshare type resort, or a lesser quality hotel.

We are looking to stay the week of 1/26 - 2/2 2008 and would like to be as close to diney in a true resort as possible (and for the cheapest price of course). Any help or possible bidding suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would start by reviewing the resort class hotels in the Priceline Hotel List... no guarantees that you will get a Resort on this list, nor that another hotel at a lower star rating hasn't been upgraded to Resort nor that one of the Resort hotels has been downgraded, but the information there is current with everything that is "known" and reported.

Another option, since location and actual property received, is to search HOTWIRE since there you can take an educated guess as to the property being offered. It may cost a little more than priceline, but it is a bit less of a guess as to which property you will likely receive.

Let us know your thoughts and which service you would like to use and we'll advise accordingly... if priceline let us know your maximum budget so that we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to currently bid; if HOTWIRE let us know the star rating, zone, and amenities associated with the hotel you're considering.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If you ultimatley use HOTWIRE we'll then move this entire thread to that section of the board.

The above is a match for the Gaylord Palms so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]