OH Cleveland Courtyard Independence

joehotel
By joehotel,
in

I just returned from my stay. Overall a very nice place. We were a family on a weekend and this is a nice place to stay on the weekend as it is a business district with very light occupancy. The bed was a bit soft and I kept having to adjust to keep rolling off the side, causing mild back pain. Noise was very very minimal. Smells from smoke and air freshener were non-existent. The location is convenient to downtown Cleveland (12 minute drive) without the expensive parking and hotel prices. There was no free breakfast at the Courtyard, however. There was a nice pool (did not use for lack of time). The desk staff was VERY well trained and friendly. Rooms were spotless and relatively new. The HVAC was not perfect, because although it had no odor characteristic of many window-type units, it had the typical HI, Lo, and OFF positions, so it did not cycle on/off like more sophisticated systems, therefore it got quite hot and simply turned it off after heating up the room (this was winter). For the $45 I would rate it 5 of 5 stars. If I had to pay full price I would rate it 4 of 5 for lack of free breakfast and the soft poorly supporting bed.

• 6 months later...

This hotel turned out to be a GEM! Excellent, safe, quiet location with lots of places to eat nearby (I would suggest Hoggy's Barbecue) large barn-looking restaurant with bar. The hotel was beautiful - for $39 I got a room with a king size bed and a pullout sofa bed. Both were comfortable. The room was very large, clean and new. The lobby was great with 24 hour coffee. Pool area looked great and there is a beautiful courtyard with a gazebo and lots of plants and flowers. Breakfast was pricey at $10 for a continental that you would get for free anywhere else, but go to the 2 story brick colonial style McDonalds instead. It is beautiful!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]