Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Caribe Hilton

jvander
By jvander,
in

Okay, so I bid (through SavingsBarn link) for January 21st and 22nd, Resort level. Bid $110/night. Got an offer to up my offer by $22/night. Closed out the offer and opened a new page. Bid $115/night for 2 nights. Got the Caribe Hilton for $115/night.

Great deal!!! $115/night for 2 nights at the Caribe Hilton, January 21, 22, 2008 (Monday, Tuesday)

Congratulations on your win!

A very nice propery in San Juan. There is a $55 'MEETING PLANNER RATE FOR LEISURE' on the Hilton website for these dates... not sure if this is a valid room price, a 'day rate' for business meetings (ie- no overnite stay allowed) or a mistake, but i would submit a claim to priceline for their Best Rate Guarantee to see if they'll match it. Not sure if it will be successful, and i wouldn't cause a fuss if they don't, but probably worth a try.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this. Forgive me if it is not. However, just wanted to report back about additional fees we occurred at the Caribe Hilton upon checkout.

Initially, the two nights we booked were for $115/night. Total for 2 nights, $230. Taxes/fees $59.56. Total $289.56. Upon checkout, they informed us we owed $15/night resort fee (not too surprised) AND another $10/night 'occupancy' tax. We also stayed Sunday night for $135/ night. Initial taxes were $37.72. However, we owed additional for that night also.

Bottom line is, your Priceline price with taxes is not your final price! After paying $97.28 taxes and fees for 3 nights, we found that we owed an additional $75 in fees. The people at the checkout desk stated that Priceline is not picking up all the taxes in Puerto Rico anymore. There is some kind of new 'municiple' tax, and Priceline is not paying it. Maybe this is not new??? It was new to me. Just a heads-up for those traveling to San Juan.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]