Midway Car Rental at LAX - no airport charges!

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

After years of renting cars at LAX, I've only now discovered Midway Car Rental. Their prices are usually low like the other smaller companies such as Fox and Ace. For the upcoming long New Year's weekend, their rate beat everybody else, so I booked. When I looked at the estimated total charges, all there was there was the daily rate plus sales tax. Suspicious, I called the location to ask about all the other usual charges: 11.11% airport concession fee, 2.5% tourism assessment, $3 facility fee, etc. The lady on the phone confirmed: they charge none of that!

The secret is that their office is located inside the Radisson hotel (right by the exit from LAX), and they don't operate a shuttle: their customers ride the hotel's shuttle...

How sweet is that?!

My $15/day 4-day rental is $60 + $4.95 sales tax for a total of $64.95. If I were to bid on Priceline I'd have to be successful at $9 to match this total, due to all their taxes and fees, and it wouldn't be cancelable like my conventional reservation is.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]