NE Omaha Doubletree Guest Suites Central

gruntlumber
By gruntlumber,
in

Great hotel!!

We stayed at this DoubleTree for two nights over Thanksgiving. Judging from other reviews, this place used to be quite the dump. But let me assure you, it isn't anymore.

As you can see from pictures online, the atrium is wide open with six floors and two glass-walled elevators flanked on each side. The restaurant covers about half of the atrium floor and the other half is comprised of the lobby and a seating area. The Canterbury Pub is tucked away in a corner near the lobby. We did not visit the pub or the restaurant, but the morning buffet looked really good. The swimming pool is back behind the restaurant area. It's really nice; the hot tub is larger than usual, and the main pool has a waterfall feature which is interesting. There is plenty of seating in the pool area, and even more tables and chairs available in warmer weather with a patio connecting to the outside.

The room was a typical suite layout. The first room had a pull-out sofa, TV, desk, and kitchen (fridge and microwave). The back room had two double beds, another TV and desk, and the bathroom. A large sliding glass door connected to the patio. What was unusual about the patio is the fact that you can go out on the patio and walk all the way down the side of the building. It's one long patio with no seperation between rooms. As a sidenote, they are pet friendly (we had our Pekingese with us).

No complaints at all with this DoubleTree. I hope to stay here everytime I come to Omaha, especially for the price I got on Hotwire.

• 8 months later...

8-8-08/8-10-08

Stayed for a price of $55 and 4 rooms. Was surprised when we got there that they were completely sold out. There was a very small window that this hotel was open for priceline bidding.

Pro's:

Small enough hotel that everything is very accessible.

Was a security guard (although about 18 and not scary at all) visible and enforcing rules about pool use etc. Pool closes for children under 18 @10:00. Adult swim until midnight.

Suites are good sized and fairly recently renovated. Nice to have 2 televisions. Pull out couch in living area.

Great location.

Good pool/hot tub/workout room/small pub

Breakfast buffet for 10.95

Dinner service, but I didn't see many people eating during our stay.

Pet Friendly for a $50 charge (one time not per night)

Great towels! Good selection of bath toiletries.

Common area very nice and comfortable.

Cons:

Still have some to go on renovating. They stopped short of a full renovation and was more cosmetic.

Side entrances are filthy with nasty old landscaping.

Entrance doors/windows need replacing badly.

Kitchenette somewhat confusing. Bar area with no stools. Full size fridge. microwave, bar sized sink. full set of cabinets that are completely empty. Maybe used to have a stocked kitchenette?

Glad they are pet friendly but many hotels are way less than $50.

Heat/Air very noisy!

Overall, for our needs the pros outweighed the cons.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]