Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Staybridge Suites Sunset Station

Jailbreak
By Jailbreak,
in

We need 4 rooms for 2 night next week (Tues. - Thurs, Nov. 27 -29). We will probably be needing 1-2 hotel rooms for a day or so every week for the next month or two, so I am looking for good overall advice on what are typically the best, value-priced zones for a stay during the middle of the week. We would prefer the Airport, Medical Center or Northwest zones, but if we are missing a good hotel or hotels in another zone -- especially Downtown or Riverwalk zones -- we could stay there as well.

Last night, I tried up to $75 for a 4* in the NW zone (the Omni); up to $59 for a 3* in the Airport and NW zones; and up to $49 for a 2 1/2 star in NW, Med. Ctr, and Airport zones. No luck.

We have a diverse group -- one guy only wants to stay at the Omni, others are just as happy at a 2* or 2 1/2*. We usually compromise on a value-priced 3* so we can all stay and travel together. (Business partnership).

Previously, we've stayed at the Omni NW, mostly on weekends for ~$60 - $70. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Airport for $71 two weeks ago. Two years ago we stayed at the LaQuinta Med Ctr for ~$32 -- and all of these were fine.

However, we've had a couple of catastrophies in S.A. as well. Homestead Villiage Airport was one of those -- it was a substitute hotel since our 2* NW zone hotel was full. However, since it wasn't in the same zone we got all 4 rooms for free, and shortly thereafter Priceline downgraded it to a 1* (it barely deserves that). On the second night of our last stay, I booked the Rodeway Inn Airport on Priceline's direct book site for $50, and it was raunchy enough that everyone threatened to fire me.

I understand and use the free rebid method regularly. I've also used the permutation method and am familiar with how to use this as well -- but try to only go to all that trouble when I'm down to the last day or so before my stay. Although I'm pretty experienced in this city over the last 3- 4 years, I still need help. Any suggestions -- either specific or general?

Oh yea -- and Hotwire had a 4* NW (Omni) for $139; a 3* Airport (Crowne Plaza probably) for $96; and a 2 1/2* (NW/Med Ctr. zone) for $59 last night, and is $65 tonight.

Started bid for 2 1/2* at $43 using NW, Airport, Med. Cntr. and Downtown zones. Added East Zone (only has 2*'s) for 1st rebid at $46, and then added NE zone for $49 and accepted.

This hotel was also listed on Hotwire as a 2.5-star hotel in Riverwalk South and Market Square Area for $59 (Suites, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Room, Pool, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, and Kitchenette).

Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sunset Station

Downtown - Riverwalk

123 Hoefgen

San Antonio, Texas 78205

210-444-2700

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Tue, Nov 27, 2007 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Thu, Nov 29, 2007 / 12:00 PM

Amenities:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $49.00

Subtotal: $392.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $78.20

Total Charges*: $470.20

Remember to use www.SavingsBarn.com for all of your purchases!

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice rate for four rooms... hopefully you (and the rest of the group) are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...
This hotel was also listed on Hotwire as a 2.5-star hotel in Riverwalk South and Market Square Area for $59 (Suites, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Room, Pool, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, and Kitchenette)

Please ignore the portion of this post quoted above concerning the listing of this hotel on Hotwire. I have since realized that I didn't know what I was talking about, and that the information on Hotwire hotels contained in this board is much more accurate and reliable than anything I could "guess" at. Sorry! :)

Remember to use www.SavingsBarn.com for all of your priceline purchases!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]