Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Universal-SeaWorld) Hyatt Place Convention Center

2pi
By 2pi,
in

Began looking for 3* and above in the Disney Vicinity for high $37 for 11/21 thru 11/23. Added Int'l Drive area with no success. I decided to risk betting for a 2.5* at $29 and won this hotel. Added two nights at $37.

I try not to bet at anything below 3* --- some chains at the 2.5* have terrible "quality standards" across the hotels. You may find some locations which aren't worth one star. However I was surprised to get a Hyatt at this level. Expedia has it as a 3* for $99 for the first two nights and $149 for the second two. Good reviews in Expedia: 4.8/5.0.

Looking forward to this stay....hope they don't charge for parking..:-)

Thank you for sharing your win(s) with the board.

Did you use the "Add A Nite" feature for the additional nites or did you bid again and receive the same hotel? If you placed a new bid, please only post one win per thread and start a NEW TOPIC for the other two nites of your stay (this will enable others to see it when scanning the topic titles as well as have it appear in the Priceline Calendar of Wins).

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used the "Add a Nite" link. Apparently the original rate ($29) was too low for the weekend and Priceline offered in return $37/night. Since by then I knew the location it seemed quite a good deal and accepted it.

The calendar is awesome!!. I guess you parse the date from the topic fields. Will try to "standardize" the format next time.

By the way, I did got into priceline using the link in savingsbarn.

rgds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It doesn't always work. Anyways it's a way of knowing what the price spread was (priceline's margin), and perhaps minimum acceptable bid. You can't do any changes to the reservation. Sometimes you may not access the rate online but at the property you may see the rate when checking in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]