Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Hyatt Regency

MilwMom
By MilwMom,
in

Hi -- anxiety got the better of me, and I went ahead and bought the Hyatt Regency Chi for $146/night through HOTWIRE -- using your link, of course!

It's a boring choice but good location for us at a tolerable price. Our back-up was a Shedd package at Swissotel for $299/night... we would have had to really chow down at the free buffet breakfast to make up that $300!

Note to newbies: Choices DO NOT necessarily improve at the last minute! Hotwire offered more choices, and better values, 4 days ago -- but I didn't have the confidence then to jump. In the interim, I found this site and learned a lot from thereuare, aaron and fellow users. By reading past posts and comparing availability and rack rates on hotel sites, I managed to spot and avoid a hotwire offering I definitely didn't want (Hyatt McCormick) and knew that I was getting the Hyatt Regency Chicago. (Tip: average your multiple night quote from the hotel site and compare it to Hotwire's pre-discount "retail." Mine were exact matches.)

Next time, I'll book sooner and at a better price. Thanks for your generous advice and guidance!

Glad I could be of help. :)

The Hyatt isn't too bad - it's simply "meh."

The hotel is a giant convention hotel - largest hotel in Chicago. As such, it is rather impersonal and service can seem overwhelmed during the busiest times. Other than that, it's not too bad (rooms are mostly nice, although they can be a bit hit-and-miss) and it's superbly located by the river.

Additionally, if you have any basic requests (non-smoking, etc.) I'd recommend calling Hyatt customer service. Hyatt is one chain that's pretty nice about at least attempting to honor basic requests from PL and Hotwire customers.

Congratulations on the sucess of your purchase... glad to hear you received the hotel you were expecting.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Can you please add to this thread the amenities that HOTWIRE showed before your purchase. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]