Priceline Hotel: Resort Cancun-Cozumel (Downtown-Beaches) Hilton

aliko
By aliko,
in

I read previous posting for hotels in Cancun and found quite a big difference between the hotels available for Priceline under the Resort category. Is there any stratergy to get JW Marriott or better hotel? I am willing to pay up to $150 including tax.

Thanks.

ling

I should have said similar or better (as also rated as 5 star by website such as Orbitz or Expedia).

For example, Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, Le Meridian, Ritz-Carlton).

Not really trying to avoid but I know the regular price for these are about $100-$125 (before tax). So, would not be a good deal if I ended up getting them through bidding for the similar price.

Westin, Hyatt Regency, Hilton, Omni.

Will be there from Dec 13 till Dec 16, 2007.

Thanks.

With priceline you won't be able to target, or avoid, any particular hotels... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone as per the minimum star rating that you select.

You basically have two options:

1) search HOTWIRE where you can often identify the hotel beforehand (although still no guarantees)

2) keep your bids low enough that if you received one of the hotels you're trying to avoid that it would still be a good deal

Let us know if you'd still like to use one of the opaque services and we'll try to help accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I bidded $85 through Priceline, for Resort and got Hilton Spa and Golf on 11/7.

Actual date we stayed was from 12/13 - 12/16. It was a very nice hotel, not fancy, but clean and quite new. I would rate it as a very good 4 star. They gave us a room on the 4th floor with Balcony, facing the swimming pool and beach. My friend who booked a room through his diamond membership got a room 2 floor above us, and next door, with similar view. So we got a pretty good deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]