Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Hilton Washington

longvt
By longvt,
in

I have been trying Priceline on and off for a couple of weeks to get a hotel for under $95 for Nov. 13-15 in Capitol Hill/Convention Center, White House, Dupont/Woodley, or Georgetown/Foggy Bottom. I would like to be within a short metro ride or walk to the Capitol, on the Union Station side. Any tips on bidding?

I've now gone up to $120, including all areas except the northern suburbs, alexandria, and springfield. I have a max per diem of $165, including meals, so would like to stay below $120. Not looking good right now! I've also gone to 2.5 + stars in the areas close to the capitol. I want to avoid the low rent hotels in the hinterlands. Thanks. K

I don't know what area constitutes the 'hinterlands', could you let us know which zones (by priceline name) you have bid at each star level (rather than what zones you haven't bid).

I have bid up to $127 with as few as 2 1/2* moderate plus on the following areas. No bites. I need to be on a metro line and would most like to be near the Capitol and/or the Pentagon/Reagan National. Today's my last chance to bid, so any advice will be helpful. I have and will use the links provided.

Arlington

Since you have already bid beyond your $120 maximum, and only have one day left to bid, i think you need to set your maximum bid based upon what you're next best available deal is. If you're not successful with the opaque suppliers... where, and how much, will you pay? You can then use this as your "price to beat".

I didn't ask earlier since this is only a 2 nite stay, but is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Quickbook has the George Washington Inn for $117/nite, but unfortunately the rate goes up the following nite (Please use our Quickbook link if you go with this option)

From there you could then book the 2* South of Mall hotel via HOTWIRE for $96/nite (hasn't yet been identified, but may be the Best Western Capitol Skyline... at least that would be my best guess)

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. I apologize: I forgot to go through www.savingsbarn.com.

Feeling a bit pressed, I bid $125 straight away for 3 ***Capitol Hill/Convention Center and Dupont Circle/Woodley Park. I got the Hilton Washington, Dupont Circle/Woodley Park. I'll let you know how it is. Again: apololgies for not using the link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]