Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Airport EWR) Marriott Airport

xxxi
By xxxi,
in

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Cheapest option, but least convenient, is to take the NJ Transit Bus to Newark Penn Station, then take the PATH train from Newark Penn Station to Manhattan. Cost is about $2.xx for the bus and $1.50 for the PATH train. However, Newark Penn Station and the surrounding area is not one that you likely want to be wondering waiting for a bus after dark, so you may need another option for a return trip. This trip will likely take over an hour.

There is a shuttle bus for $13 and the Airtrain for (about) $14.... which take considerably less time than the bus.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes, I will be driving down to NYC/NJ from Toronto and I will be visiting NYC SOHO, 5th Ave, will be there for 11/21-23, and I know 11/22 is thanksgiving so I believe most stores will be close, do you think visiting empire state building and the statue of liberty by car is better or by subway?

last time I was in NYC, it is a weekend, I drove to NYC and the parking fee is around $20 for the whole day right next to the Holland Tunnel, I'm just exporing more options to save a few more bucks :)

thanks a lot for the replies

If you haven't done so already i'd make sure the Empire State Building will be open on Thanksgiving Day. As well, you probably dont' want to drive in that day (and maybe the other days?) around the Empire State Building due to the parade.

My recommendation would be to drive to Harrison PATH station where this PATH Parking Guide states that you can park for $3-$5/day (my guess is that the brochure is a little old and i would expect slighlty higher rates)... this way you don't need to worry about where (or how much) parking is in Manhattan, but more importantly, not worry about traffic heading into the tunnel.

My only 'issue' with taking the PATH is what time you'll be heading back at nite... if it will be after 1am or so the PATH begins to operate on a 30 minutes schedule (before then it's reasonable with 10-20 minute wait times). Also, if going this route, i would take the PATH from Downtown (even if midtown in the city i'd travel Downtown while i Manhattan) so that you don't need to transfer/connect on the PATH system late at nite. Tranfer/connection isn't too much of a problem during the day and early evening, but once the schedule slows down late at nite tranfers/connections can take a while if the trains aren't 'timed' right.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]