Hotwire Hotel: Help ID'ing 4* MTC hotel

carinidad
By carinidad,
in

Hello,

I would appreciate any help in ID'ing this steal of a deal on Hotwire since I didn't find a match on the pinned list.

It's a 4* MTC hotel and details are below:

Dates of stay: 11/18/07-11/20/07

Price: $145 per night

("37% savings! - Reg. $229/nt")

Amenities: Restaurant, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

Strangely enough, there is NO Tripadvisor rating shown. I'm wondering if it is the Helmsley, and if their fitness center is undergoing renovations. I'll call later this afternoon but would appreciate any feedback in the meantime.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identified, but it could be just about anything as these amenities are very common for a hotel in NYC. The retail price is very unreliable for identifying properties, but with not much else to go on, the suggested retail price matches that of the Warwick, so that would be our best guess (although as explained, can't have too confidence in this guess).

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Change of plans required a room that definitely had 2 queen beds. Rather than gamble with Hotwire, we chose the Hampton Inn Times Square for 11/18-11/20/07 which ended up being $245/nt including taxes, free internet, and free hot breakfast! It seems to be a good value based on the TripAdvisor ratings.

Thanks,

Carina

As per our suport.page we're an affiliate of the Hampton Inn Times Square. :)

As well, if you search HOTWIRE for 3adults (which would ensure sleeping accomodations for each of you) there are 4* offerings in various midtown zones for the same or less than your price above..

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate all the helpful info I've found here. Since we are a group of 4, I did increase the search preferences to include 4 adults. However, at the time of the search, nothing came up. The other couple in our group was also somewhat selective in that they only wanted to stay within the Times Square area. I think what also sold us on the Hampton was their double Queen beds, which was hard to find elsewhere. Overall, we are paying $245 per couple for three days/two nights lodging, with guaranteed free breakfast and internet access. Since we are grad students, we are still fairly budget conscious. I'll cross my fingers and post a review later!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]