Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Florida Hotels

bigthomase
By bigthomase,
in

Help ID 4* Fort Lauderdale Beach Area, $262 ... 01/31/08 - 02/01/08

Resort, Near Beach, Fitness, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business, Internet, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa

Note: This hotel typically charges all guests a resort fee regardless of how the room is booked. The hotel collects this fee of about $15 per room per night directly from you, so it won't show in your Hotwire

Well, we are flying from Las Vegas to PBI and arrive at midnight. The next day we will fly back to Germany at 8 pm from MIA. Therefore everything is a possible solution. Either to drive not far at night and having less time before the long flight or to drive some more at night and have one full day left in Miami. I think it will heavily depend on the offered hotels. Solution #4 could be the 4* resort offered by hotwire for that day in Hollywood Beach which is the Westin Diplomat I guess for about $290-300.

Bigthomase

The South Beach hotel has not yet been identified... if i had to guess The Tides could be a possibility.

The Ft Lauderdale Beach hotel is a match for the Pier 66 so that would be our best guess for that property.

The Palm Beach Hotel is a match for the Brazilian Courty Hotel so that would be our best guess for that one.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The $675/nite is the rate offered thru Expedia, and with not much else to go on, is what i used to try to ID this property. HOWEVER, this 'retail rate' is often incorrect, as HOTWIRE's position is that it's not the retail price of the hotel you will receive, but rather the retail price of a hotel of that quality in the zone... so "buyer beware", and is the reason why i'm not very confident about that guess. I'm more confident regarding the other two properties.

Please remember to use this HOTWIRE link for any purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I will go for the 4* in Hollywood Beach:

Resort, Near Beach, Fitness, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business, Internet, Golf nearby.

Price is $295 with retail $400.

Do you think it is the Westin Diplomat?

I will re-think the South Beach topic and maybe open another thread for another date ...

Bigthomase

The Westin is not confirmed with a win, but that would be my guess as to the above property. However, is this better than the 4.5* in the zone for $100+ less than the 4* above?

The 4.5* is believed to be the Diplomat Country Club and Spa and is priced on HOTWIRE for just $156/nite (which appears to be higher rated and lower priced than the 4* you're considering... but don't know if there's something in particular you're looking for from the Westin)

Let us know what you decide to do... thanks for using this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]