Hotwire Hotel: St. Thomas 3* identification please

kilroy76
By kilroy76,
in

Depends how you define 'better'... priceline is usually less expensive than HOTWIRE, but also gives you no ability to take an educated guess as to the property you will receive. Since this zone covers the entire island, are you comfortable staying at any 3 star property located anywhere on the island? If so, what is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Probably the most I'd be willing to pay for a 3-star anywhere on the island is 65-70/night, including any taxes, fees and service charges. It seems like a 3-star in the virgin islands can involve anything from Bluebeard's Tower to the Westin. And for some reason the Secret Harbor resort, which gets rave reviews, is often listed as a 2 1/2 star.

We (Illinois) gave you that game last Saturday by the way. :)

Probably the most I'd be willing to pay for a 3-star anywhere on the island is 65-70/night, including any taxes, fees and service charges.
How much is that in bid amount before taxes, fees, etc.
We (Illinois) gave you that game last Saturday by the way. :)
We're not in a position to be standing on ceremony, and we'll take a win anyway we can get it... handed to us or earned, makes no difference when you start off 0-2 (only silver lining is that they were non-conference games).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As near as I can figure, the taxes, etc. run about 10 bucks per night? So probably $55--60 per night for a bid? I kind of doubt that anything near that will be accepted, but there are just too many "three star" hotels in the islands that have a missing/buzzing "O" in their "HOTEL" sign.

Priceline's booking fee will run about $6-$7/nite, but I have no idea of the taxes on the island... but you can enter an amount into the bid box and on the 'review' page (before you actually submit your bid and enter your credit card information) it will show you the total cost if your bid would be accepted.

I'd try $50 and raise by $5 until the net total reaches your limit.

Let us know how it goes (even rejected bids would be useful info)

Good Luck.

Glad you found soemthing that you're happy with and works well for your needs.

However, please note as per our support page that we're an affiliate of the Westin (as well as most other major hotel chains and booking agencies) and would appreciate you using our links for your future travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]