Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham

gshepherd
By gshepherd,
in

I am a first time bidder and need help. I need 3 nights in DC (not suburbs) from 6/10-6/13/04. We would prefer a 4* in one of the following areas (in this order):

1. Dupont Circle

2. Whitehouse-Downtown

3. Convention Center-Capitol Hill

I have researched some of the hotels listed on this site as Priceline 4*. They are on Expedia for between $180 and $250. How much should I bid? Can someone give me a bidding strategy? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gene

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We'll be happy to help, but so that we have a better understanding, what is your preference... zone or price?

For example, would you prefer a hotel in Dupont Circle for $100 or would prefer a hotel in Convention Center/Capital Hill for $70? Just need to know if the strategy provided should exhaust all possibilities of your prefered zone first OR if price is more important if the hotel would be in one of your three desired zones.

Lastly, have you read and understand RE-Bidding and what is the maximum you would want to bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, at the 4* level in this are you are 5 re-bid zones... if you don't see 5 or aren't sure which they are please feel free to confirm with us.

Assuming you 'got it', this is how i would proceed:

Select 4* Dupont Circle and

Bid $60, if rejected add White House and...

Bid $65, if rejected add Convention Center and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100.

If you have any questions regarding the above feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare! I got my room, I followed your directions above. Started at $60 but didn't get accepted until I was on my last rebid and at my max. of $100.

I got the Omni Shoreham in Dupont Circle-Woodley Park Zone. Three nights from June 10-June 13, 2004 at $100 per night.

Your site was really helpful. Thanks again!

Gene

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]