Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

dizy
By dizy,
in

My husband and I are going to have a 1-night getaway Nov3-4. We have been to Toronto before and really enjoy walking around the city. We typically have stayed near Eaton Center and I think we would like to be in that general vicinity.

I thought PL would be a good option for us this time since we usually travel with the kids and need 2 double beds!

Anyway, I am thinking of splurging on a 4* for us. Any advice on price to bid, or even advice (or warnings) about what area to bid?

Thanks for any help!

Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the Downtown zone, as defined by Priceline (note that HOTWIRE sub-divides this zone into two separate areas if you're trying to target a specific location)

If you can accept a hotel anywhere within the zone, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I suppose we are willing to accept that entire zone, but that is part of the advice I was looking for. We plan on doing mostly walking around (though we will HAVE a car if needed). Not being too familiar with the zones, do you think that there are parts of the PL zone we would be unhappy with? Are there "pitfall" 4*s that people typically get but are unhappy with? Would we be better off going with hotwire, and if so do you have an opinion on which of the DT zones is better?

Sorry, I know these are mostly questions aimed at opinions of those who have traveled there a lot, but I have seen a lot of good info on this board. Any thoughts are appreciate.

I would like to stay at $90 or under if possible (let me know if you think this is unreasonable and then I may drop to a 3*), and again this is for one night, 11/3/07.

Thanks again.

I haven't been to Toronto in over 25 years so i'm not fit to comment on which parts of the zone would be best or should be avoided. Short of somebody else who know the area well replying...

I would start by reading the hotel reviews next to the hotels in the Priceline Hotel List to see the exerience of others.

From there you can determine if you're willing to accept any 4* hotel in the zone (with the caveat that you could be the first to receive a new hotel in the area) and also search HOTWIRE to see if there are any hotels which are in your budget and minimum star quality.

From there you should be able to make a decision as to which service you would like to use and we'll be in a better position to advise.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

My wife and I go to Toronto almost once or twice a month. We always use Priceline to book our hotels.

Here are our experiences:

- Three stars ($55-$60) : The Renaissance is a bit of walk from the hotel to Queen st (Entertainment and Fashion District). The Marriot Yorkville is quite far to walk to Eaton Centre. Week-end unground parking is $5/day and you can get a $8.50 day pass . This day pass allow to two adults and upto 4 kids for unlimited rides on subways or street cars. There is a subway next to the Marriot Yorkville. You may also get the Delta which is steps from Eaton Centre. Do not parking at the Delta hotel underground.

- Four stars ($65-$75): You would most likely get the Shearon, which is opposite to Eaton Centre. Park your car at the city underground parking for $12/day instead of $37 at the hotel. Again you can get the $8.50 daypass to travel around on public transportation. The worst you may get is the Westin Harbour, which is very far from Eaton Centre. However subway station is steps from the Westin Harbour.

Please let me if you need more information.

Thanks for the advice Thereuare. I went ahead and bid and got a win.

4* DT Toronto Sheraton Centre

$75 11/3/07-11/4/07

$75 + $18.56 taxes and fees = $93.56

Lots of rebids, but I was not patient enough to use them all. Started at $60 and bumped up by $5 each time.

Sounds like location is good, and I am excited about the win. I will post a review when I return, since there is not too much recent info in reviews.

Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]